We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lanzarote

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
lanzarote

hi been to lanzarote a hundred times this is the first time without the children done all the usual tours and sight seeing volcanoe and stuff can anyone give me any suggestions on different places to go any wee towns to visit

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lanzarote

One of the tradational fishing villages like el golfo, playa quemada or Arrieta. Visit Yaiza (voted the best village in spain). Have you been to Arrecife and taken coffee and cake on the 17th floor of the gran hotel? What about a non sunday visit to teguise (the old capital not costa teguise the resort). What about a walk round a working town like Tias. Great tapas bars there.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
802 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lanzarote

If I could get away without the kids I know where I would be spending my holiday!! I can almost taste an ice cold beer just thinking about it!

Leeds
Level Contributor
682 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lanzarote

First time without the kids and you want to be sightseeing!!! kick back,chill and enjoy the peace and quiet and utter bliss of a kid free holiday. We got rid of ours a few years ago and have never forgotten the first time without arguments over dinner,arguments at the pool,arguments on a night out and on and on. Just to please yourself and do exactly what you want is pure bliss. Enjoy you deserve it.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lanzarote

Why not head to the nudey beach at Famara and let it all hang out. Bet you havent done that in Lanzarote yet. Lol.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lanzarote

Good suggestion Colin...although I won't be letting it all hang out anytime soon!

Bit too much to let hang out...

Sparky.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lanzarote

Yes i think that would be the same for me Sparky. Clothes maketh the man lol.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,018 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lanzarote

Usually been to Gran Canaria, Puerto Mogan. Only went to Lanza in Feb for the first time and stayed in P/Blanca. Lovely lazy place. Went to the market in Teguise on the coach trip and loved it there too. Next time I want to go there on a non market day and have a good look around. I liked the feel of the place.

Aw Horizan and Sparky! Have you guys actually SEEN some of these people? It isn't the case of posing or all being a bronzed Adonis. These are just people who love to be free of the restrictions that the world (and the flippin' weather!) has put on us. :-) To feel the sun and a warm wind on your body, those parts that even hardly get to see daylight, is a fabulous feeling. You go for it!

Psssssst......it will make you feel 10 years younger too. LOL

8. Re: lanzarote

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:40