We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paddy's Bar

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tipperary, Ireland
10 posts
Save Topic
Paddy's Bar

Hi all,

Myself and my boyfriend went to pdc last year and really enjoyed it so returning again next August. Our favourite bar in the old town was Paddy's. We have since learned that the pub is sold and under new ownership. Can anyone tell me if its still an Irish bar and if they have been there since.

Thanks

ireland
Level Contributor
436 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paddy's Bar

Molly

Yes it's open and is an Irish bar

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paddy's Bar

When did he sell it? He was still there late october?

Ossett, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paddy's Bar

So is Paddy no longer running it?

Ireland
Level Contributor
171 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paddy's Bar

Hi all , wher exactly is PADDYS BAR ?????? Thanks

Tipp
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paddy's Bar

Its on the way down to the harbour in the old town. In a little square. There are 3 or 4 other pubs in the same square. When we were there in August he told us he was selling up. Very sorry to hear he has gone as he is a gentleman. Don't think the pub will be the same without him :(

Ireland
Level Contributor
171 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paddy's Bar

Good on ye Tipp molly, I think I know wher it is theres a pub called the Blarney stone in ther owned by a wexford man , love Lanza to bits heading back shortly . my wife is waterford and ime from Co,Tipp so have to say go on TIPP bring on the Cats

Tipp
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paddy's Bar

Good man paddy. Myself and Boyf both from tipp so appreciate the nice irish pubs over there. Craic agus ceol was another good pub with good Irish bands. Yes hopefully tipp do bit better this year. Bring on the cats is right :)

west london
Level Contributor
626 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Paddy's Bar

It was still being run by Paddy mid October,so it would have to have been since then. I believe his wife had been ill and was back in Ireland. I hope he is still there as he always welcomed us back like old friends and was always happy to make the other half a toastie when she was feeling the effects of his generous measures of brandy,no matter how busy he was.

Hoopsman

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paddy's Bar

Hi All,

Just back form hols in lanzarote went to our usual haunt paddys bar and found out that paddy had sold bar onto very good friends of his from Dublin.

Shay & Kathleen Byrne are the new owners and I have to say they made us feel so welcomed it was like nothing had changed. Fair play to Paddy he could not have chosen a better couple to continue the same same great atmosphere and craic. Still doing the toasties and also got a fab complimentary bowl of dublin coddle on a match day was great to get a taste of home on hols. Would recommend to anyone who has been there before and those who havnt to call in as you will make this your lanzarote local as we have as its a home from home and by the way its located across the road from the blarney stone not in the same complex as some of you have asked across from the taxi rank enjoy

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Paddy's Bar

Going mad we wont be there for Paddys Day as we heard it will be the place to be for the craic and a great view of the parade passing by and free bowls of irish stew going a beggin with your pint so if you r going to be in lanzarote on paddys day find this great little spot u wont be dissapointed

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen