We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

THB Flora - Questions!

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
THB Flora - Questions!

Hello all!

We are considering booking the Flora for one week AI end of June, we're a couple aged 27&29 - no kids - and I have some questions!!

There are so many mixed reviews of this place that we're unsure whether to book. I'm going to list my questions if anybody could answer any of them I'd be very grateful!

1) I have read cats are everywhere - even under people's beds, but then in some reviews no mention of cats! Are there cats everywhere?

2) I've read that people reserve sunbeds to the point the hotel dont do anything about it and people ended up with no sunbeds...what's the sunbed situation?

3) Is it in a good location? We're relatively fit, so walking isn't an issue

4) How far is the nearest sandy beach?

5) Which are the best apartments for AI?

6) I've read about Flora 2 which is quieter, if your apartment is situated in Flora 1 can you still use the quieter pool in Flora 2?

7) Is there a bus stop nearby? If so, where can it take you? How late does it run?

8) What are the drinks served in? (read some things about this so a bit curious)

9) Is whisky part of the AI? (I do enjoy a scotch!)

Sorry for the list format, but probably easiest!! Really hope somebody can help me :-) thanks in advance!

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: THB Flora - Questions!

Also...do the apartments have double beds?

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: THB Flora - Questions!

I'll answer a few of your questions.

1. there are lots of stray cats in some area's of pdc but if you don't like them I don't see it being an issue unless you invite them in.

3. flora is located at the very top of the old town pdc.

4. 20 minutes walk downhill..more going back up it.

7. there's a bus stop outside that run to playa blanca one side and arrecife and costa teguise. some run all night.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: THB Flora - Questions!

thank you :-)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
489 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: THB Flora - Questions!

I stayed in the Flora last year, yes it was I that had the Cat under by bed ha ha!

To be honest the cats didnt bother us, we found it funny, but there were lots of them (we were in the bit over the road, away from the main pool and bar)

We stayed in November, and the pool was lovely and quiet, we didnt have to fight for sunbeds. also we wasnt AI, our friends were, we stocked up on cheap beer from the hyperdino supermarket down the road, and my friends had to keep crossing the road to get there AI drinks from the bar.

I would stay at the Flora again, if I had to, but I would rather choose somewhere a bit closer to the beach. That just my preference. Its close to the bus stop and purple turtle bar, which we loved!

There is also a walk way under the road between the Flora 1 and Flora 2 as we called it!

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: THB Flora - Questions!

Thankyou for your reply! ! Out of interest how did you find the cost of self catering? Was the beer cheap?

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: THB Flora - Questions!

Beer from supermarkets can be very cheap. From 25 cents for small cans. Litre bottles of San Miguel just over a euro.

Sheffield, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: THB Flora - Questions!

hi gashalasha you will not go far wrong with thb flora we been twice , good for food and drink and apartments clean and tidy , 10 mins to nearest beach , ive children so i stay on the main side , but if i never had children i would also stay on the main side , once youve been you will end up returning

Liverpool
Level Contributor
489 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: THB Flora - Questions!

Gash, u can get a crate of hyperdinos own brand beer for around 10 euro. 24 cans, its about 4.5% and we just filled the fridge up with it and drank it whilst rounda the pool. It was fine for us.

We spent just under 350 quid each when we went self catering. And ate out every morning afternoon and evening. We drank and drank and didn't have to watch our pennies!

Its so cheap to eat out and drink, I wouldn't bother going AI! The food isn't great at hotel anyway, and why have same thing everyday when there are so many lovely places to drink and eat in pdc.

Help the local bars and restaurants, and try as many as u can.

That'd be my advice! Ha enjoy!!!

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
221 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: THB Flora - Questions!

wow thats cheap beer, what size cans is that?

I think we're going to go self catering

tyne & wear
Level Contributor
509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: THB Flora - Questions!

(1) 4 or 5 cats on Flora 1 side.......not a problem

(2) lots of sunbeds, only the Brits reserve them, stayed for 2 weeks until May 12th lots of beds until the last Thurs influx then the silly season started at stupid-o-clock.

(3) & (4) As rich71 stated.

(5) 1 bedroom apts on Flora 1 side with studios & 2 bedroom apts on Flora 2 side.

(6) Yes it's still the same hotel

(7) As rich71 stated

(8) All inclusive drinks are served in Blue or Orange plastic beakers, purchased drinks are serve in glasses

(9) Never drink it, but if it is it will be local type. Also Baileys is not part of all inclusive (wifes tipple oh dear)

Our apartment had twin beds on the Flora 1 side, don't know about Flora 2.

We really enjoyed the Flora and would go back. I sure you will enjoy your holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen