We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clean apartments?

London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
clean apartments?

Hi, I'm looking forward clean 1 bedroom apartment/studio for 6 nights, in Puerto del Carmen, or Playa Blanca near to sandy beach. Does anyone knows one? Because I've just seen photos uploaded by others, and I am very depressed by dirt and cockroaches. Please recommend me accomodation if can. Thank you, Judy

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clean apartments?

I've yet to stay in what could be called "dirty" apartments in PDC over the last 14 years, read the reviews which are ranked by popularity and you should be fine choosing a clean apartment

London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clean apartments?

Clean(without insects). Yes, I did,and there's a place called "blue sea kontiki" with good rank,but I've found some pictures made from dirty sinks and mould... I'm so confused reading the reviews, however I don't care about noisy neighbors,or children all around :)

Leeds
Level Contributor
683 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clean apartments?

TBH Cockroaches and Ants are an everyday part of life in the Canaries. They are literally everywhere. Even if you get lovely clean expensive apartments you will never be far away from these insects. You will have been very lucky if you do not see one or the other in a week. cockroaches are only big beetles they do not hurt anyone. In my experience the cleaners do try to keep the places clean but with the insects it will always be a battle.

London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: clean apartments?

All the thing that I can say, is OMG! Thanks for your answer, I won't hesitate now to choose a cheaper apartments. Just surprised, because I'd been to Greece, Malta, Italy, France, and never seen any. Although in Malta I started to cry when I saw the room, e.g. the air conditioner hasn't been cleaned since '88 or 89... After I started to read tripadvisor reviews to check places :)

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Malta
Malta
Europe
UK
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: clean apartments?

I would try not to book ground floor apartments if you want to avoid cockroaches. I haven't come across any in Lanzarote myself, but they are less frequent in apartments on the 1st floor and above.

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Dublin
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: clean apartments?

Yes cockroaches are in Lanzarote but I've been fifteen times and haven't seen fifteen of them to be honest. An odd one here or there at most. I've stayed in Valezaquez, Plaza Azul, Aqua Marina and La Morana. Trying El Dorada this time round for a change. I don't mind if a place isn't really fancy but it has to be clean, that said "a" cockroach wouldn't put me off but if several reviews on here said a place had them it would put me right off. Hope you get somewhere.

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Plaza Azul
Plaza Azul
570 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: clean apartments?

I stayed in Montana apartments in January and they were very clean and spacious. Request an upstairs apartment in the sun and you should be fine. Five minutes walk to the beach and no hills!

Mentioned in this post
Montana
Montana
United States
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,592 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: clean apartments?

We had loads of cockroaches around our villa in Playa Blanca last year. It was the first time, but that's got nothing to do with the cleanliness of it. The insects were there before the tourists. Someone had probably bug bombed nearby. The have to go somewhere! We just got some spray, and made sure we kept the villa door shut.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
857 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: clean apartments?

Have to echo the views of most people re this discussion.

We have been to Lanzarote 20+ times now and have never had what can be described as a dirty apartment. As already said insects are part of everyday life in the Canaries but if you have a problem with them if you mention it to reception someone will usually sort it.

We love Lanzarote and can't wait to get back in October! Blue sea kontiki this time!

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Wirral
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: clean apartments?

Eighteen times to Lanzarote, and have never had a cockroach in any apartment or Hotel. We must be one of the lucky ones!

Fayna and Flamingo are spotless and really spacious for a 1 bedroom apartment.

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen