We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shampoo etc

cheshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
shampoo etc

Can you buy branded shampoo,conditioner etc in PDC and if so is it expensive thanks

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shampoo etc

Leading brands tend to be expensive and best bought at home, you could get them air side in Boots etc if you are struggling to get them within your weight allowance

Edited: 24 July 2013, 15:38
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,400 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shampoo etc

If you want English brands they will always be more expensive. I buy Spanish toothpaste, hubby loves it, and brings some home with him!! I've also bought Spanish body wash, shampoo etc.

Leeds
Level Contributor
676 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shampoo etc

I'd buy some small bottles and fill them up with your usual brand, no need for full sizes when on holiday just take what you will need. My missus does this and it works for her.

Wirral
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shampoo etc

I do as LeedsStriker says, as our makes out there are a lot more expensive. But don't cut back on the sun creams, take plenty of your own, you'll pay treble out there!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
774 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shampoo etc

We usually buy shampoo and things like shower gels from one of the many spar shops.

You can get named brands as well as there own make.

We have found it is just as cheap to buy them here as it is back home.

London
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shampoo etc

Why waste your luggage allowance taking UK "home comforts"?!!

THe spanish brands are absolutely fine - don't get the UK brands as will cost a fortune.

As mentioned only thing you should bring from the UK is sun cream (and mossie reppellent too.)

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shampoo etc

we take all shampoo and bath stuff, I do the weekly shopping here and in PB it is far more expensive even Spanish brands, I am told the main stores are cheaper but will investigate that this year but local shops will never compete with the buying power of Tesco / Sainsbury's added with the euro 15% higher than the pound use to be also makes that difference

8. Re: shampoo etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen