We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer

Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Beer

Is it true that some places water down there drinks I've been before and have never had a pint or drink that has tasted mixed with water And where is the best value for cold beer

Leeds
Level Contributor
676 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer

Your guess is as good as anyone's on that mate. You could say the same for beer at home, we all suspect it happens in some places especially the AI hotels but proving it is another thing.

Unscrupulous bar owners have been known to substitute unbranded spirits and fill up branded bottles but there is little you can do to prove that one either. You just have to trust they haven't.

Best value for a cold one? Walk into any bar in PDC and you will get a value pint, some are cheaper than others. It depends on whether it's local brew or something from home. I tend to sup local and at around 1.50-2 Euro per pint it's not bad value. Oh and it is always cold!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer

I'm out here in PDC now , never had a rough or warm beer & I've been coming to lanzarote 25 years , 2e for a large beer is not bad value , seen it cheaper seen it dearer , depends on time of day in some places also what kind of view you want

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer

Hey Kevin how's the holiday going save some beer for us! Lol

Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer

Hi thanks for the replys goin over in a couple of weeks I just drink there local beer can't wait

For a few cold ones

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer

What's the local beer called?

Dorset England
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer

Is it palatable I've had some beers in AI before and they tasted alright I like a good Cubra libra and Gin N Tonic in the afternoon

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,496 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer

'Local' beer is either tropical or dorada. Both are Canarian beers although neither is brewed on lanzarote.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer

Is there San Miguel or Amstel

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,496 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer

Yes there are bars that serve pretty much all major spanish beers including san miguel, mahon. Sure I've seen amstel in a bar in pdc. It's tropical in mcsorleys and san miguel in The Bulldog (the 2 bars in calero). Can't remeber what Buda (lounge bar) serve on draught.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beer

Brilliant thanks my hubby will be happy.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen