We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matagorda to Island bar

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North West
Level Contributor
77 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Matagorda to Island bar

Hi , what bus would I get to the Island Bar from Matagorda and where would I get off ,Never been there before Thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
171 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Matagorda to Island bar

WE been going for years never used a bus ,handier to get a taxi 6 /7 euro tell driver take you to BIOSFERA shopping centre get out The Island is straight in front of ye down the hill bout 50 yds , dont do like we did and go in on a Tuesday night its closed but just right look up to CRaic N ceol bout 30 yds great great night , Happy Hols

North West
Level Contributor
77 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Matagorda to Island bar

Thanks .Theres five of us tho...so need two taxis but do intend to taxi back afterwards...

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Matagorda to Island bar

Only 2 busses that pass Matagorda and they will both take you to the Biosphera. Believe current price is 1.35 each.

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Matagorda to Island bar

no 61 bus is once an hour and the number 3 is every 20 mins,which is going to cost you 8 euros for the 5 of you and two taxis will cost no more than 12 euros,quicker.comfier air conditioned mainly mercedes i would go with the taxis all day long

belfast
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Matagorda to Island bar

why not walk? i was there in may, and it took about 2 hours but we stopped at a few bars on the way,and when we got there we had a great time( from what i remember)

cheers alex

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Matagorda to Island bar

Matagorda to the old town is a bit too far to walk, especially if the ladies are in heels etc

But you could get an earlier taxi and have a few beers in the old town first, a bite to eat and then up to the Island

Happy Holidays

Danny

North West
Level Contributor
77 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Matagorda to Island bar

Thanks to all for the replies.Flying on Thurs, looking forward to it !!!

Is the Old Town and the Harbour area the same place?Just been reading posts about the are.Any recommendations for a nice restaurant in Old Town then?

Belfast
Level Contributor
785 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Matagorda to Island bar

Yes the Harbour is in the old town and plenty of really good restaurants here. If you like Chinese I would go for Tesoro D'oro (think thats how its spelt) really good but beware really large portions! It's just down the street from the Island bar as well. You also have plenty of restaurants to choose from around the harbour area - just take a wonder around and see which one catches your eye. There's also a fantastic restaurant, think its called La Cascada which is before you get to the harbour area - you can't miss it as there was always plenty of people queuing to get into it! Someone else will possibly give you more names of good restaurants but think you'll def find some yourself whilst wondering around. Enjoy.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Matagorda to Island bar

Emmas Cantina is in the old town, and that is our favourite restaurant,

If you went earlyish you should get a table for 5

If not there are lots of good restaurants in the area,

You will have a great time

Happy Holidays

Danny

10. Re: Matagorda to Island bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen