We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank card got skimmed,

DUBLIN
Level Contributor
415 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bank card got skimmed,

Just letting people know my bank card got skimmed in July when i was there. I only discovered this at the weekend when i went to get money, out , The hubby got a letter from his bank this morning saying it looked like his card was skimmed to as there was unusual activity on it, We reckon it was the cash machine just passed the little coffee shop were the doctors is as it was the only one we both used on the same night. So be careful

Leeds
Level Contributor
683 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bank card got skimmed,

Have you bought anything with the card? meals or sunglasses or the like? Never let your card out of your sight when buying things. sorry to hear it has hasppened although now your bank knows it wasn't you, you should get your money back.

DUBLIN
Level Contributor
415 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bank card got skimmed,

No i didn't buy anything it was the cash machine they tried to use my hubby's card in Peru that's what alerted his bank

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,863 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bank card got skimmed,

Sorry it happened to you but unless you've never used the card anywhere else, it's impossible to say that's when it was 'done'. It could have been skimmed before you went to Lanza.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bank card got skimmed,

I think given these 2 previous threads and where the cards were attempted to be being used............I can't believe such a coincidence....Peru ? your right Louise ! It looks like a real problem with certain "outdoor" machines. We always try and use the Santander Banks indoor machine to avoid any issues.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k…

tyne & wear
Level Contributor
509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bank card got skimmed,

We were in Lanzarote in May and my wifes card was skimmed. The strange thing is there were purchases in Peru and also shipping charges from DHL. Any Peruvians in Lanzarote ??

DUBLIN
Level Contributor
415 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bank card got skimmed,

Leyland i did'nt use the card anywhere else and i only used it on the last night, Hubby used his just before me, He was using that one most of the time, we never buy anything on cards over there always cash,

DUBLIN
Level Contributor
415 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bank card got skimmed,

Don't know Jack about Peruvians in Lanzo, But i actually felt as if my purse was stolen,

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,863 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bank card got skimmed,

I meant had you used it in the UK before you went on holiday. Just because the purchases had just shown up doesn't mean that your details weren't captured quite a time earlier. Some people just capture the details, and then sell them on.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bank card got skimmed,

I think there is enough evidence to suggest there is skimming going on and people should be made aware of it. Pearlpoppys husband and daughter only used their cards together in one machine. The daughter lives in a different part of the country. Both had their cards skimmed and used in Peru

DUBLIN
Level Contributor
415 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bank card got skimmed,

Leyand I live in Ireland, My Husband's bank told him it was

done in Lanzo, we both use different banks here.It goes on everywhere .

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen