We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can i bring

stockton england
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
can i bring

Hi wondering if I can bring tea bags coffee tinned tuna that sort of thing with me to lanzarote I no you can get these things there but cheaper to bring with me and we do have plenty of luggage allowance any help would be great 32 sleeps to go

La Carmencita del Puerto
££ - £££, Mediterranean, European, Spanish
Palace of India
££ - £££, Indian
Asia Delicious
££ - £££, Chinese, Japanese, Sushi
N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can i bring

Yes that's all fine. I take coffee with me too :)

Wirral
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can i bring

You can carry any of these in hold or hand luggage. As well as cooked hams, bacon and cheeses etc. If you take butter this has to be in your hold luggage, if in hand luggage they will confiscate it.

Have a great holiday.

Leeds
Level Contributor
685 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can i bring

I take a damn sight more than that, I'm, self catering so I take a fair whack with me. Ham, Beef,Sliced Turkey, Tea, Coffee, Cheese, Cheese spread, Chilli sauce,A loaf, bacon,sausage and micro pouches with Chilli con carne,Curry,meatballs etc. Why not I have 22 kg in the case and 10kg in the hand luggage. saves me a fortune.

uk
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can i bring

Ive taken an entire case full of food once. And i do mean a case full. Completely crazy I know, but saved us having to go shopping for essentials. Great idea, but wont do it again because we go half board now.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
858 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can i bring

After years of visiting Lanzarote the only thing we take now is tea bags and coffee.

Over the years we have noticed than you can now buy most things as cheap if not cheaper than in the uk.

Plus the only meal we tend to eat in the apartment is breakfast as PDC has some of the best restaurants around!

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Wirral
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can i bring

Well said Leeds Striker, you do what you feel best for you.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can i bring

Exactly! Everyone looks for different things for holidays dont they :-)

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,812 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can i bring

The only thing I sometimes take is Kenco Millicano decaf coffee for a quick coffee, before the coffee percolator goes on. You can buy better quality produce at the same prices as at home, if not cheaper. I do bring things home though. The tinned tuna you can buy is really, really good. I brought a few tins home with me last week, and La Piara picante pate, mojo, and a few other things.

stockton england
Level Contributor
186 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can i bring

Hi thanks everyone for that 31 sleeps soooooo excited cant wait

Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: can i bring

Tea and code, yes. Wouldn't bother with the tuna as no problem to get out here cheap enough. Other things to consider bringing which I would guess to be much cheaper back home would be hp sauce and maybe baked beans if you have the weight (close to a euro a tin for name brands). Maybe cheese. Not much cheddar to be had here.

Branded shampoo, shower gel and deoderant can also be expensive here, but we just use the shop brand stuff.

To be honest, not lived in the uk for seven years now so not sure how prices compare overall. I would worry more about any of your favourite products that you can't get here. For instance we get anyone who is visiting to bring Nandos peri-peri sauce over for us as n not available anywhere on the island.