We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

Hi folks, before anyone asks yes i have read all the reviews on here and im still undecided

im travelling in 2 weeks with my wife, 5 year old son and 6 month old baby

Im looking for some opinions if Rancho Texas is a worthwhile day out for us as a family

Ive already so many other plans for our week travelling around the island and i want to spend at least a few days in PDC too.

Is it worth spending a whole day at Rancho Texas or just a morning or an afternoon?

Obviously im not looking anything in particular myself its mainly for our 5 year old that we would visit. What I real want to know is will we see anything that we wouldnt see anywhere else in Lanzarote.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Puerto Del Carmen...
Level Contributor
841 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

yes i would go as far as to say its a must do

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

it worth it for the kids as you can get quite close to a lot of the animals. also the pool area has a small play area designed for kids so im sure they would love spending the afternoon in there. the animal shows inside the park are worth going to, they would enjoy the parrot one and sea lion one the most I think. the eagle show may be a little frightening for them, the birds get really close are are pretty big.

Level Contributor
1,136 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

Hi. Your 5 year old will love it , possibly the baby too it's and animal park with buffaloes seal ions bird show but you also get chance to hold lizards ect. They could see that at aqariam but the park is a lot nicer. Also if weather is good they have a new water park for kids so could use that also. It won't take full day but at least 3/4 hours.

Try tubilletes.com for tickets. They are alot cheaper than buying when you get there

My son has a pic of him sitting inside a crocodile mouth and it looks good:-))

Enjoy

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

Hi we have been before 2 years ago and enjoyed it also were going to pdc on saturday for 10 nights and its on our to do list again so give it a go its not expencive your 5 year old will love it

west london
Level Contributor
746 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

Absolutely yes

Parrot shows ,sealion shows,feeding time for the crocodiles but the best part is the large birds of prey show. Set in an outside stepped auditorium,you really do get up close and personal with the birds ,as they swoop just over the heads of the crowd. If you are worried about the little ones being a bit frightened,then sit lower down,but if you think they would love the full thrills then get in early and position yourself on the back row towards the sides and I defy anyone that says they didn't duck when the eagles or vultures swoop inches above their heads. The only other thing I would say about the bird show is that you have to leave buggies by the entrance so you will have to carry the little 'un.

The small water park and swimming pool is also primarily aimed at people with small kids and it includes one of those large buckets that fill with water before tipping over and cascading down over everyone in range. When we were here last year we found the prices of food and drinks etc. to be fairly reasonable but it was the typical chips with everything fayre (so what! You're on holiday)

Hope this helps

Hoopsman

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

An excelent day out i would recommend for any families with kids

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

Hi

We took our 3 year old son last New Year, we thought it was a great day out, plenty to see and the shows were good. Will defo visit again.

Diane

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
857 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

We are back in October and we will be visiting Rancho Texas again!

We have been a few times before and always enjoy it, especially our little one who is now 7!

Make sure you don't miss the bird of prey show it's fantastic!

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

thanks folks for all your replies

After reading this I will definately visit Rancho Texas it would be very selfish of me not to take my 5 year old there.

How would i ensure i do not miss the bird of prey show, is it on at a specific time each day?

Level Contributor
1,136 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rancho Texas - is it worth it?

Birds of prey is at 11:30 and 2 pm

Parrots and other birds at 11am , 1:30 and 4

Seal ions at 12 and 2:30

Cowboy lasso skills at 1:10

That's every day so you can choose what best suits. Also allow 1.5 hours for water park play area. Truly great day out and I bet u & other half will enjoy too!!

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen