We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless Sunbathing

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worthing, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Topless Sunbathing

We are planning a trip to PDC in the next couple of weeks, we hear very different reports with regaurd to the above my wife is in her early 50s will she offend by going topless here.

Bob

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless Sunbathing

Saw much older women topless on the beach last week, several swimming in the sea. Don't know hotel rules. Discretion by pools.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,974 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless Sunbathing

Topless is quite normal, for all ages in the Canaries.. It's never been an issue wherever we've stayed, even in hotels. I wouldn't go in the pool topless, or to the bar, but sunbathing is perfectly ok. People should not be offended by the human body IMO.

Worthing, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless Sunbathing

Thank you we were mainly thinking of the beaches there

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless Sunbathing

Hi

Topless sunbathing on the beaches here will not offend anyone........most Spanish from 2 to 92 do it(not to mention the thousands of visitors from less ´´hung-up´´ countries such as Germany,Scandanavia,Holland etc do it all the time) ....all shapes and sizes on nearly all beaches....so no problem

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless Sunbathing

i remember someone posting on here a few months back and being very upset and offended about it. I think they insisted their hotel asked people to cover up which they refused to do as they had no problem with it. I remember everyone on here disagreed with the posters compliants and it was the general consensus that topless sunbathing is the norm in Lanzarote.

west london
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Topless Sunbathing

I regularly sunbathe topless,both by the pool and on the beach and was shocked at the amount of complaints I received. Obviously the world isn't ready for my man boobs yet :-(

Enjoy your holiday

Hoopsman

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Topless Sunbathing

I remember that thread well, just didn't want to start it off again

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Topless Sunbathing

i remember on a different forum on here, Bodrum maybe someone asked was bottomless sunbathing ok.

Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Topless Sunbathing

It's fine to topless sunbath on the beach most of the people on the beach when I was there was doin it

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Topless Sunbathing

Robert,

No one should be offended. People sunbath topless at all ages on all the main beaches (and bottomless on many of the quieter beaches!).

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen