We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in march

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
399 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
weather in march

never been to lanzarote, wondered if it's usually warm in march, also any help on where to stay would be helpful. thanks.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,249 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in march

Weather in March can be changeable with cloudy days (you'll still burn!) and some short sharp showers (usually 10 minutes). Temperatures should be in the low 20's during the day dropping to high teens at night.

London, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in march

I holiday in March every year and it is quite warm, some days can be cloudy but you will still get a tan.

We tend to use the cloudy days for excursions and so the beach on sunny days.

Nights can get slightly chilly but a some jacket is fine.

Have a nice time.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
399 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in march

Thanks, sounds just right, it's just what we need after the winter.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
915 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in march

busstop13 I take it it's just 2 travelling? I would go for a private rental, all S/C of course but let us know what you would want, accommodation wise?

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
399 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in march

Yes just 2 going, not sure which resort, don't mind sc or hb. How do you go about private rental? Never gone independently in the past. Thanks again.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in march

Hi Busstop, We've only stayed in Puerto del carmen and love it, we're over again in November (2nd time this year). We always book private appartments via owners direct, there are loads of apartments available at good prices and there are loads of excellent resaurants that are all good value so self catering is a good option, depends on what you prefer though.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
915 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in march

As Phil says take a look at www.ownersdirect.com we have been using these for years now and saving £0000's allowing us to choose what we want. Most have all the necessary appliances you'd have in your own home too making it a home from home. When you see accommodation you like just follow the easy to follow instructions, we always phone the owners too and always travel to DoC. Enjoy.

Edited: 12 October 2013, 11:57
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
915 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in march

PdC not Doc, that should have read

Edited: 12 October 2013, 12:03
Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
399 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in march

Hi again good advice, I think I'm right in saying PDC is less windy than other resorts, especially going in March? Up to now I have priced flights from the north east and they are quite expensive £550 for 2 with bags, then accommodation which looked to be £300. Does this sound ok to you experts? Thanks.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,249 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in march

£550 sounds dear to me if not return. Are you hitting the kids holidays maybe? Prices always go up for kids holidays and over the Xmas/New Year period. I normally pay £50-£150 each way range outside the holiday seasons.

Edited: 13 October 2013, 12:14