We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto del carmen or Costa Teguise

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
doncaster
Level Contributor
205 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto del carmen or Costa Teguise

Wondering if anyone has holidayed in both these resorts .... I love PDC ! Going for our third time in November and I'm sure we will return year after year . Been looking at Costa Teguise looks lovely too but my dilemma is if I book to go for will it live upto PDC expectation .. Is it much different? .. Can't seem to bring myself to booking anything other than PDC if going to Lanzarote ! Anyone out there who can enlighten me I would very much appreciate it .. Ty

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto del carmen or Costa Teguise

Why not do a few nights in each?

Book flight separate and then have 3 and one resort and 4 in the other??

Failing that, you could try either resort out on the odd night by bus? (run 24hrs) taks about 35/40 mins just under €3 each way?

That's waht we did last time we saw the Jaeger brothers

You could alsways bus there and taxi back? but if I were you and wanted to sample the night life, book an apartment

Happy Holidays

Danny

Leeds
Level Contributor
676 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto del carmen or Costa Teguise

I've stayed in both a few times and both have their own merits. It depends what you want from a holiday, they are very similar with great beaches, lots of good restaurants and watering holes of every description. PDC though has much better shopping but if you have been a few times you will have seen all of the shops anyway. CT seems smaller but in reality isn't it is just laid out differently. I do not think you will go too far wrong in CT.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 16:14
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,462 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto del carmen or Costa Teguise

PDC for me. Didn't like Costa Teguise.

doncaster
Level Contributor
205 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto del carmen or Costa Teguise

Thanks for your replies .... Think we going to try Costa Teguise for 1week in the winter months ... Sounds like we will enjoy it :) ... It's always good to hear some feed back on peeps that have been to both so thanks again folks .

Leeds
Level Contributor
676 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto del carmen or Costa Teguise

Goody, you will love the square, the center of all the action. If you need your PDC fix it's only an half hour bus ride away about 3 Euro, maybe a few cents more but not much. We go to PDC when in CT for the day to go to Friends and Tiny bar and that lovely homeware shop on the way up towards the Bioshpera.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,851 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto del carmen or Costa Teguise

I didn't comment on this thread as we've never stayed in PDC so thought it would be unfair to say book CT as it's great there.

But as you've decided to book a week in CT then I hope you love it there as much as us regulars :)

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto del carmen or Costa Teguise

Not the first time this has come up

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k…

Edited: 12 October 2013, 01:06
Leeds
Level Contributor
676 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto del carmen or Costa Teguise

Nothing ever is but that's the fun of the forum, asking questions and getting answers. It's part of the excitement of holidays.

9. Re: Puerto del carmen or Costa Teguise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 05:18