We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please

Ramsgate
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Help please

I am due to travel to Casa Chic in Los Mojones can anyone tell me where the nearest paper / beer shop is please. If no shop, are there any apartments or a hotel that have an onsite shop stocking these items. Also nearest taxi rank...?.

thanks

K

Ramsgate
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please

With the exception of Flora aparts shop and taxi rank is there anything nearer Calle Los Mojones

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please

Looks a nice place - have looked at it on the internet several times as we regularly stay in the villa behind it. Nearest shop is the Spar on Calle Juan Carlos just next to the petrol station approx 5-6 mins walk from the villa. But it is a bit of a walk back up due to the hill. Going the other way There is a supermarket further down from the Flora apartments but I think the Spar is nearer. But Los Mojones is a great place to stay. We usually walk out of an evening and get a taxi back , even from the far end of the strip is less than Eur 5. Only thing I would suggest is to write down your address before you go as some of the taxi drivers are not too familiar with the roads up in Los Mojones.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please

Just to add to my last message, I notice that you stayed in Graciella earlier in the year walking along Calle Los Mojones this is about 3-4 mins walk from your villa so not too far away . This area of Los Mojones you are staying in this time is mainly residential and private villas no hotels or apartments with shops.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,404 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please

Depending which way you walk down to the old town you've got a hiperdino on calle Reina Sofia and there's also a small spar within the biosfera shopping centre. If you have a car there's a large eurospar on the macher roundabout.

wrexham
Level Contributor
60 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help please

Have stayed there twice, it's really nice, there is a big supermarket about 10 mins walk downhill, a couple of mins from the biosphere taxi rank, do your shopping at the spar a bit further up from there, one of you walk to taxi rank, back to supermarket, sorted. Prob cost 5 euros.

Ramsgate
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help please

Thank you for your replies. We are really looking forward to our stay in this villa as it looks really special. Thank you for the advice regarding shops ect. Just hoping the weather's good , when we were out there earlier in the year we had a hurricane blow in from the Azores. It was an experience to say the least we were in the Asian World restaurant and even the staff down there were edgy. It was ok but hoping for better this time around. Graceiella kept having power cuts although the management team responded very quickly ...nice to know we are only a few minutes walk from there. I have now placed it on the map and hopefully with a local SPAR we will be ok. When we were out there last time we shopped at Hipperdino but no taxis outside. Do you know if staff will call one or do you have to walk down to the taxi rank and get it to come up. Never discovered this and we just dragged it back by foot. This time I want to try and do most in one go and get a taxi.

Thanks again

K

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help please

You can normally get a taxi in the area of the Spar within a few minutes most times during the day . From what I have seen it is in a different league to Graciella.

Edited: 23 October 2013, 22:28
wrexham
Level Contributor
60 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help please

You must be following me ! Stayed in graciella may this year, chic May last year, no comparison at all !!! Chic is awesome tried to book it myself for a week in nov again was booked, so staying at Verona another one of Roy and Jill's that is also v nice, take your iPod, you can plug it in for all the villa, bath is awesome so is the tv and outside building to chill in. Been to Lanza over 15 times chic is the best, just ignore the cockerel in the distance !!!

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Ramsgate
Level Contributor
103 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help please

OMG all the replies are really making the wait a tease. I love Lanzo it sort of just hooks you in. We are really lucky as we have ten days in this villa. How did you find Graciella. I think the owner is trying to sell as people turned up to view at 8am when we were there. Not happy about that. We also looked at villa Rosso but fell in love with Chic even though it's a but of a way out. Let me know how Verona is when you get back.

K

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Puerto Del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help please

By the way, just in case you didn´t know, you can legally flag down any cab that has a green light showing on the roof.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen