We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For Claire & cocktail lovers

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
For Claire & cocktail lovers

Here is my review of our cocktail challenge which I have to admit I suffered some mornings ! lol

Bogarts, lovely little bar next to our apartments where they do a "Happy Afternoon" and the cocktails were 3e50.

Tequila Bar, after 9 all cocktails 2 for 7euro, the strawberry daiquiri was lovely.

American Indian Bar, cocktails were more expensive at 7euro each but they were far superior, in lovely big glasses with fab decoration, my favourite cocktail was here but I cant remember what I had ! lol

Bluebells I had a lovely pina colada in here their cocktails start at 4e50.

We never really had a proper jug of sangria this time it was more the stuff you get in the cartons but nice all the same, we went a couple of times up to Plaza Palmeras where we have stayed a couple of times, we always go to see Ali the barman, they do jugs of sangria for 4euro in their happy hour 4-5.

We popped to the bandstand (don't know its proper name) after a day at the beach and had a litre sangria for 6euro, its a nice place to sit and watch the world go by.

All in all I enjoyed the challenge.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For Claire & cocktail lovers

The bandstand is called Pythons bar BamBam

great place to sit and watch the world go by

Sounds like you had a good time in your challenge mate !! never been into Bogarts but will stop by next time we are over

Happy Holidays

Danny

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For Claire & cocktail lovers

Bogarts is a nice little bar not very big but always has people in, thanks for telling us the proper name of the bandstand lol, Bambam 10 was started off by my husband but I cant resist writing about places I love to visit so I have more or less took his page over, when its short to the point its usually my husband writing but if its long and goes on its usually me, typical woman who goes on too much ! lol

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For Claire & cocktail lovers

Welcome home bam bam! (and husband!) great to see you've worked so hard on your challenge! Suffering in the morning is a sure sign of a fab night before :-) especially when you can't remember what you were drinking lol!

Sounds like you had a brilliant holiday. When are you back to the lovely Lanza? X

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For Claire & cocktail lovers

Claire im getting too old for hangovers lol and what made it worse was that my husband didn't suffer at all even though we drank drink for drink ! Our daughter is getting married in March and we are going to Tenerife in June so hopefully we will get back over in October, omg that's a year away !!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For Claire & cocktail lovers

Ooh im going in October too. And April lol. Bet Tenerife is a lovely place for a wedding :-) I still haven't got a July holiday for a different destination booked by the way folks! (for anyone who was trying to help me on that one lol) x

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For Claire & cocktail lovers

Hi Claire our daughter is getting married at Alnwick Castle in March then we are going to Tenerife in June for our holiday, it would of been a lot cheaper if she had got married abroad ! Have you not considered going to Tenerife in July this will be our 5th visit, we always stay the Los Cristianos side of Playa De Las Americas, it has some lovely bars, restaurants and plenty to do too, we love the place but not as much as Lanzarote : )

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For Claire & cocktail lovers

Oh I see! Oops! Lol.

We thought about trying another canary island in July or August but were concerned it may be too hot for us! However have started to look at villas in the likes of Portugal and I can't find anything like the reasonable prices of lanzarote, I know it's peak season, but their villas are double the price of what we pay in Lanza in oct or April :-(

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
499 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: For Claire & cocktail lovers

Hi Bambam, We also like that part of Tenerife,After first stopping in Los Cristianos we found ourselves spending a lot of time in the safari centre area,So when we go now we stay at Tenerife Royal gardens in a private rental.We came to Puerto Del carmen for the first time in march and really enjoyed it so have booked to come back next april (got to go in term time unfortunately). May try Tenerife again next summer. Garry

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: For Claire & cocktail lovers

Hullgazza we to like stay at Tenerife Royal Gardens, when we return in June it will be our 3rd time, we to book a private let, the apartments are in a fab location, with some lovely restaurants and bars on your doorstep and with the choice of two beaches what more do you need.

Claire you love Lanzarote like me, so im sure you'd like Tenerife.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: For Claire & cocktail lovers

We had kinda ruled out a canary island because we thought it would be too hot? But surprised to see the price of villas like we rent in PDC are sooo much dearer out with the canaries, I know I'm looking at July instead of oct or April, but still way dearer than it would be to rent our usual in Lanza, even in July.

We want a villa with 2 bedrooms and a private pool, and is its our third hol next year I do need to consider price a little bit. Not looking for cheap but do need to be a bit sensible lol x

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen