We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

caxton card

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
caxton card

First time trying to use a caxton card and it asks for a code ? does this mean the pin number ? thanks in advance

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: caxton card

Hi

Yes it means your pin number. Have a great time.

Diane

cheshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: caxton card

thanks for that we are coming to pdc in January for a month and wanted to put most of our money on a caxton card as it seemed the most secure way.She has taken it to Benidorm with her to try it out to make sure it worked ok when she put the card in the options came up as Code or authorisation telephone number which seemed strange.

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: caxton card

Hi Mickeythefish

I would love to hear how you got on with your card. We have used Caxton for a number of years without any problems but when we were in Majorca this year I couldn't find an ATM that would give us money. We are going to Benidorm over Christmas and New Year and don't want the same problem. We have a fair bit of money on the card as we had to make other arrangements to get cash when we were away in the summer.

No problems paying in restaurants but you need to have some cash handy for little things.

Broxburn
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: caxton card

I have a caxton card and have used it on a couple of trips to Benidorm, in Albufiera and PDC. No problem getting cash at any time and have used as a Visa to pay direct. The only problem I had was that it was cloned after using the Santander ATM under the Chinese in front of La Penita apartments in PDC. Luckily there was only 150 euros left on it after our trip and the cloned card was used to empty it in Peru. It has been sorted very quickly by Caxton and the funds returned minus the 7 euro charge for a new card.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: caxton card

The Caxton card is a Visa so it can be used anywhere that accepts Visa.

I have used mine to withdraw euros in Spain ( mainland and Mallorca as well as Portugal , Belgium , Italy and Malta all without the least problem.

Graham

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
323 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: caxton card

Has anyone withdrew money with one of these on Lanzarote?

Thanks in advance.....

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: caxton card

Hi

We have used a caxton card on the last few holidays and had no problems using it in shops, restaurants, supermarkets etc. However we have never used it in cash machines, we take some cash but not a great deal and use it when needed. I have read about people being scammed using cash machines abroad so we never use them. We use our Caxton card 98% of the time we are away and cash for rest. I would recommend.

Diane

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: caxton card

I found the best thing to do was to reload the card every few days rather than loading it with a large amount before we went on holiday

As for drawing cash out I had no problems when using the Banca March ATM under the Brian Boru and there was only one restaurant we used which refused the card but they said they hadn't been open long and were waiting for it to be set up

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: caxton card

LexLew55

That's a good idea about loading every other day as you have the cash in your bank if there is a problem. Can you do it over the phone as not always able to get wifi?

Liz

Edited: 19 November 2013, 17:14
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: caxton card

The Caxton fx card can be loaded by sending a simple text . You then get a confirmation text within a few minutes.

You can also load the card by telephoning caxton direct.

It all works rather well !

Graham

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen