We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old town r other for accomodation?

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Old town r other for accomodation?

Hi,

Just looking up accomodation and wondering if anyone can tell me the pros and cons or where nice to stay. Old town or otherwise? Near a sunbathing beach might be good. Not a lot of walking to town.

Thanks very much,

Penny :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old town r other for accomodation?

If you want near the beach, you are best staying on or near the strip, I have booked the Flamingo apartments which are right on the front, but there are plenty of others

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Old town r other for accomodation?

Hi Stephen,

Thank you very much. I've stayed in Playa Blanca before and only stopped off in Puerto Del Carmen for a few hours in the eve. Didn't get to the beach. What is the name of the beach and is it a big one,

Thank you very much,

Penny :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old town r other for accomodation?

Think it's called playa grand and is a reall big beach as the name suggests, there is a smaller cove in the old town opposite scotch corner pub which looked nice as well.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
482 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Old town r other for accomodation?

Look at plaza azul. Fantastic apartments within a hotel like complex full of facilities. Very reasonably priced through travel Republic

5 minutes walk to the strip, and lovely sandy beach, twenty mins walk to old town

Staying just back off the strip means, peaceful sleep, short distance to all the nightlife and daytime offerings

Good luck.

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Old town r other for accomodation?

Hi,

Thanks very much for that. I'm just looking again at those now and others. Can anyone tell me which is better to stay in ....the old town harbour or near the beaches. ? We have a few in our group and different strokes for different folks. Some would like easy walking distance to beach etc. others not bothered re beach but want to be near restaurants. Is there anywhere that is near beach, main strip, restaurants etc.

Basically can anyone explain what is in the old town versus the beach area or main streets.

Thanks very much,

Penny 😊

Edited: 12 January 2014, 18:02
Wirral
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old town r other for accomodation?

You won't go wrong with Flamingo Apartments listed on TA as Flamingo Apartamentos. They are spotlessly clean and a brilliant location for the price you pay, they are sister to Fayna apartments, and both complexes I would highly recommend. Great bar right outside the gates on the strip. Beach is very close. This location is ideal for the whole of your party requirements.

http://www.faynalanzarote.com/en/

I personally prefer this location to the Old Town, Plenty of Bars and Restaurants, one after another, although we always take a walk to the harbour.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
300 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old town r other for accomodation?

From the harbour area to most of the amenities/accommodation in the old town it is very hilly. Much prefer to be near the strip. Plenty of choice of pubs, shops restaurants etc on strip with easy access to old town if required.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
482 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old town r other for accomodation?

Stay off the strip. The old town is okay, but you'll be better off staying in the new town and having a wander into the old town

Any of the apartments mentioned would suit. My preference being plaza azul. If you go to Google maps and type in the name of the apartments, it'll show you the location. You can even do street view and put the little yellow man anywhere on the map

You can virtually walk from any hotel or apartment to the beach and see all the bars clubs, supermarkets etc along the way. It's an excellent tool for doing pre apartment booking research

Good luck

9. Re: Old town r other for accomodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen