We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of suncream?

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bonnybridge
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of suncream?

Hi we are booked to come to Puerto Del Carmen for our first holiday to Lanzarote at the end of June this year and travelling with Ryanair so we are only bringing hand luggage to save the fees. Obviously we can't bring liquids over 100ml onboard so I was wondering what the cost of sun cream will be to buy when we arrive?

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,334 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of suncream?

a view of stuff in a local Hiperdino express in PB with some on display to give you an idea

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51

Liverpool
Level Contributor
474 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of suncream?

Around 12-16 euro for a decent one.

Just buy bottle here and a pack of 3 100ml clear bottles and distribute them evenly. You can buy them on Amazon for about2quid

Wirral
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of suncream?

Hey Delboy that link is really useful for anyone not knowing the prices.

Maz, as you will see by the excelent link from Delboy, sun creams are expensive, an average bottle is 250mls couldn't you decanter 100mls in each bag, at least it would start you off and you wouldn't have to buy so much out there.

Bonnybridge
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of suncream?

Thanks for your reply - that gives us a great idea of the prices we can expect. The prices don't seem too bad which I am pleased with. Just can't wait until we arrive now!!

Bonnybridge
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of suncream?

I never thought about taking suncream from home in separate bottles - thanks for the idea. At least it would get us started. We have never travelled with just hand luggage before so are not used to having to think about these things.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,334 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of suncream?

we always take tea bags and our own coffee basically because the English tea bags are double the price and they weigh nothing and coffee is more or less nescafe out there and we get a better cup from our own coffee

Wirral
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of suncream?

Maz Take what you can of your own suncream and then you could also buy airside at Boots, which would be cheaper than in resort.

Have a great time.

Edited: 30 January 2014, 20:52
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of suncream?

TBH, I just buy the Spar's own make when i run short, and it has been brilliant, spray type similar to Ambre Solair €5, all different factors, I usually go for 10 or 15, if we have any left, we leave it behind, had a brill tan last year, it is called sensations,

Ireland
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of suncream?

We bought the Spar spray last November as we had only brought factor 50 with us. It worked perfect and we got a grand colour from it.

Bangor, Co. Down
Level Contributor
87 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of suncream?

Spars Sensations range gets my vote for toiletries and sun care whilst on holiday. Good value and as effective as supermarket own brands at home. I did see a post that the only thing which was not much good was the hair conditioner.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen