We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Reports For PDC

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Reports For PDC

Hello All,

I have noticed that many wonderful Trip Reports get lost after a while in the numerous pages of our forums.

This is a sticky, where I’m kindly asking you to post your trip reports. That way, all of them will be gathered in one place and future visitors will be able to refer to them when planning their anticipated trips.

If you've done one recently then please post a link to your original trip report so they're not lost.

Thank you very much for helping us to make the forums better and more informative.

Happy travels, Miss_C

111 replies to this topic
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Great idea Miss_chief1!! Here's mine from Feb/March 2014 (Hope the link works)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k…

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Hi

Fab idea, always like reading reports. Will be putting one on when we return from our second hol in PDC this year in April.

Diane

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Here's link to a few more recent Trip Reports from members:

bazzaman1 - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k…

Claire S - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k…

difah - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k…

GaryBelfast - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k…

Sunsseker361 - Day 1 - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k… Day 2 - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k… Day 3 - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k…

Final Day - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k…

Edited: 10 March 2014, 13:42
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
620 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Good idea Miss-Chief, trip reports are very useful before going to PDC

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k…

(hope I've done it correctly!)

ireland
Level Contributor
436 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g662290-i11495-k728…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Ok, miss_chief. Hope this is alright

Love It Here

15 March 2014, 9:53

Day one:

Well we are here in Matagorda since Tuesday. Didn't bother with the WiFi till yesterday. We experienced a pleasurable crossing on the ferry from Fuerteventura. I knew that the taxi from Playa Blanca would cost a fair bit but needed to sort out the surprise birthday cake for my wife.

At the San Marcial apartments, Sandra at reception welcomed us with her usual friendly manner and gave us the key to our balcony 1 bed apartment. We quickly unpacked (the cake on my mind) and then walked down to the pool restaurant whereupon Miguel, the owner, spotted us and immediately welcomed us.

And the Sun shined.

Staring to worry about the cake, we went to Matagorda Centro to shop; water, crackers butter etc. I went up to the Late Late Show Bar looking for our pals, Miguel and Siobhan. He appeared soon after, unlocked the Bar and showed us around. He mentioned 'cake' in front of wife...oops.

That evening me and Margaret had dinner in Sirocco's to celebrate her birthday. Of course we ended up at The Late Late Show bar for the rest of the night (morning). While sitting comfortable enjoying our first drinks, in walks 2 of our best pals. SURPRISE!

We were set up. Then the magnificent cake arrived. Great night and when the karaoke had finished, we chatted and drank to the early hours,4.30am.

We had arrived.

Love it here.

3. Re: Love It Here

16 March 2014, 12:22

Hi again. Weather has been fantastic. we have gone on short and long walks as we not really the type to hang around the pool or beach all day. We took the 161 bus to Yaiza simply for something different to do. A pleasant, quiet village 30 mins from Jameos Hotel Los Pocillos.

Getting a tad fed up eating, it appears that one is obliged to eat more often than when at home. No big brekky from now on.

Night life has improved as more people arrive in Matagorda. Being Paddy's Day weekend, my local, The Late Late Show Bar, now has a party feel about it. Last night one of our forum's contributor arrived; hello Bridge. Sorry about the cake, it simply didn't wait for you.

Is it unusual to see so many tourists at this time of year?

19. Re: Love It Here

yesterday, 11:34

OK; last rough report while sitting in apartment on our last half day.

We bumped into people from Raheny while down the harbour on Paddy's Day. Had a few drinks then headed back to Matagorda for Lunch. That night in usual place and it was packed. Bridge, Rob and friends rambled in but missed me singing. Should have stayed longer Bridge.

We went to Tias yesterday. A pleasant large village. Although getting a taxi, €12, as we were not sure of the buses. However, the 134 took us back to the Biosfera for €2.70. Great value. Tias has a few small local bars, eateries and shops. It was nice to see how the locals do ...if you could find them.

Over all we a great time; bumped into people we know; chatted with fellow singers; danced, drank and ate. ENJOYED THE SUN MOST OF ALL....Oh, and I'm not forgetting it was a pleasure to have met a fellow postee, Bridge; enjoy the rest of your hols.

Will be writing separate reports on the places we visited.

Hope to return later this year.

Pat

21. Re: Love It Here

yesterday, 12:28

We are anticipating a wedding here, so we may return earlier than expected. A tip for all; before heading to Lanzarote check out all the bus routes/times and print them off. We would have had liked to see other villages, Macher; Barthlomew etc; however, the main routes seem to pass through Arrecife. There is much more to do than simply laze by the pool.

To all those yet to depart, newbies and regulars, I will always be available to offer advice (if I can).

Enjoy you hols

Pat

PS. 40 years married next year! Another celebration? What you reckon?

Belfast
Level Contributor
783 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Loved the report Pat, sounds like you had a ball! Think big celebration is in order next year, so book it! Looking forward to 1st April when next back in Matagorda!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,042 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Claire S trip report of PdC April 2014

tripadvisor.co.uk/…57476071

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Hi

Trip report for 10th to 20th April 2014 yeat another fantastic holiday to Lanzarote.

Days out (hired a car from Omicars will use again)

First stop was the village of Uga, lovely little town had a drink in a small place and our son played on the park, back to the car and headed to Playa Blanca. Had a lovely walk on the sea front, looked around and had lunch at La Gondola, one of the waiters was fantastic with our son and all the children dining there. Food was nice we just had a snack.

La Santa watched the fishing boat come in with the catch, spotted the crabs on the rocks and the waves crashing up.

Visited Timanfaya information centre interesting to read about the volcanoes etc.

Mirardor del Rio wow! breathtaking views of La Graciosa and the island, had a bit of lunch here too.

Costa Teguise had a walk on the sea front then a look around and back to Arrecife saw massive cruise shop there.

Camel safari great fun well organised and a great experience.

Restaurants PDC

Bozenas polish always dine here.

Taberna La Parra first visit had tapas was lovely.

La Tinosa in harbour had tapas was not the best meal but ok.

Kristians we ordered Steak and Lobster (posh surf n turf), we were disappointed steak was tough Lobster bland and this was the most expensive meal of the holidays.

La casa di Parmigiano Italian visit here each time lovely meal as always.

Zaffran Indian had takeaway was excellent.

La Vega or Las Vegas had tried this place out in Feb and loved it, had beef carpaccio, steak, salmon all was superb.

Blue Marlin had snack at lunch time here was nice.

Highlander Too good breakfast and Purple Turtle.

Playa Quemada had evening meal at Salmarina on the sea front beautiful setting, tapas again and our son had fish which was beautiful will visit this lovely little place again, not much there only 3 restaurants unspoilt place great!

Puerto Calero walked from PDC had luch (tapas again) at Taberna del Puerto great spot overlooking the beautiful boats in the harbour, then got the water taxi back to PDC harbour.

Visited for a beverage or two Chill Inn, Rendevous and Drunken monkey (bus stop bar) and the Owl and Pussy cat did quiz.

Had some lovely family time on the beach and met up with friends who live in PDC.

Booked again to spend New Year in PDC and hoping to squeeze another holiday in before then. We love Lanzarote, special place to us as we got engaged there in 2007 and honeymooned later that year.

Diane

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Diane, great report.....you appear to have spent much of the time eating lol. You forgot to mention one thing.....

THE WEATHER!

Pat

Reply to: Trip Reports For PDC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted