We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Reports For PDC

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Reports For PDC

Hello All,

I have noticed that many wonderful Trip Reports get lost after a while in the numerous pages of our forums.

This is a sticky, where I’m kindly asking you to post your trip reports. That way, all of them will be gathered in one place and future visitors will be able to refer to them when planning their anticipated trips.

If you've done one recently then please post a link to your original trip report so they're not lost.

Thank you very much for helping us to make the forums better and more informative.

Happy travels, Miss_C

134 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Great report Pat you did a weather report too which I forgot to mention in mine! Sounds like you had fun even though the weather was not fantastic. We are counting down to our next visit in August and we are coming out for New Year too.

Diane

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Cheers all.

That's usual for you, difah. must try New Year sometime. Hope to be back in Sept or Oct. We might even surprise our son, daughter-in-law and Grandkids in August...just a quickie though 3/4 days.

23. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 21:49

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Our latest trip to PDC

Apologies for the delay in getting this TR up, it seems life moves by too fast these days !!...(All the more reason to enjoy every single second of your hols)

We went mid may

Another great week in PDC, eating, drinking, walking, quizzing and chilling,

On the whole the weather was excellent, very warm, with cloud free sky for most of the time,

Our days were spent walking, various places, Matagorda, The old town, ….just headed out and stopped when we liked for drinks and a snack

Eating out, old favourites that were just as good as ever, Emmas Cantina, (new owner maybe, but just as good as ever, still miss chatting to Mike when we go) Friends, never fails to deliver, Highlander too, Oriental World, Pizza Napoletana, Pinnochio’s, Yum Yums, Orient Garden (for late night kebabs !)

Sadly, Valentinas and Vino y Lanzarote were closed for holidays when we were over, so they are on the list for next time

New places, after the many recommendations on here we tried Jin long Chinese buffet, it was excellent I have to say, lots of choice, very nice food, attentive service and a great view, will be a regular for us from now on. We also called in for a breakfast at Chiquito’s one day (we normally have it on the balcony) have to say we really enjoyed it and at 2.5€ including juice and coffee was excellent value, we also tried some chips from the New Londoner and really enjoyed them, proper chippy chips !

**For those looking to save a few €€€€’s we bought some Salad provisions and a cooked chicken which made 2 days really big lunches with a bottle of wine on the balcony, could easily have stretched to 3 days and an excellent cheap lunch with fresh bread from the supermarket**

Bars, our usual watering holes were frequented serveral times, Friends, Spenders, Owl and Pussycat (still the best quiz in PDC) Pythons, purple turtle, highlander too,

New places, we tried cocktails in Jungla Bar one afternoon after walking the beach to Matagorda very nice, popped into the venue a couple of times as well, lovely suntrap in the afternoon and good value drinks

New places, DJ Gary was doing the quiz at the Galleon. We called in there, they do a decent pint of Peroni and Gary was on good form with his quiz as usual

Our usual chilling out holiday in PDC, didn’t make it to Puerto Calero or Costa Teguise/Playa Blanca but a thoroughly enjoyable holiday again and we’re now on the countdown to our return

Any questions, feel free to ask

Happy Holidays

Danny

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Puerto Calero
Puerto Calero
Lanzarote, Spain
Costa Teguise
Costa Teguise
Lanzarote, Spain
Playa Blanca
Playa Blanca
Lanzarote, Spain
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Nice one Danny; nothing like a chill out hol. It just shows you what a difference a week makes; you had mostly blue skies just before we arrived. Countdown now on for return in October.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Hi everyone

Back from a FANTASTIC 14 days in Lanzarote. We stayed in the Agua Marina apartments in the Old Town PDC. Lovely quiet place we booked a sea view room so had fab views of the harbour, no problems getting sunbeds anytime of day as the pool area was quiet. Staff lovely will return to these apts in the future.

Weather was brilliant everday sunny and some days very hot! Loved the breeze keeps you cooler!

Days out: Go Karting at San Bartomole great fun for all ages, new smaller rides for the little ones and still Karts with child seats so my 5 year old went on we dad and he loved it.

Jameous del Agua lovely place to spend an hour or two, Salinas de Janubio (salt lakes),Los Hervideros, El Golfo,Mala, Arrieta, Tias. Water taxi to Puerto Calero.

Our fav bit eating out: Highlander Too fab breakfast, hubby had fish and chips one lunch time the fish was massive and the homemade chips excellent! Mar Deleva fab view and tapas, Taberna La Parra fab tapas, Everest Indian Nepalese ate here twice fantastic food, Sunshine Chinese ok not over impressed, Enjoy Asain had tempanyaki twice here, La Casa di Parmigiano, Bollywood, Crafty cow (dry chicken) boo!

Playa Quemada ate at Salmarina had lobster and tapas delicious and what a setting overlooking the sea, Islas 7 nice food.

Tias had tapas at La Ermita if you like tapas you must try this place! Amazing food.

Puerto Calero ate at cafe milla lovely tapas again.

Met up with friends who live on the Island too so all in all another fantastic holiday roll on boxing day flying out for New Year!

Diane

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Salinas de Janubio
Salinas de Janubio
142 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Los Hervideros
Los Hervideros
1,887 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Puerto Calero
Puerto Calero
Lanzarote, Spain
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Great report, Diane. We must have a competition....we are back again in October.

yorks
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Had a fantastic 9 days' holiday in PDC. It's 16 years since me and my husband were last here so a lot has changed! We visited as a family of 4 (two children aged 5 and 7). I'd originally booked a private transfer with Last Minute but after waiting in a 'waiting area' for 10 mins along with a few others who had been waiting much longer, we gave up and queued up outside for a taxi. I'd definitely recommend this as although the queue was quite long, it moved quicker than any queue I've ever seen! We used to stay at Club Oceano so decided to try one of their small villas in the Pocillos area of PDC. Fantastic choice! A great location as PDC one way, Matagorda the other. It was great to see the investment that's been made over the years and one of the things that struck me was how clean and well maintained everything is. The pedestrianized paths all the way along were great as we could literally walk from one end of the resort to the other. We hired one of the 4 wheeled, canopy bikes one afternoon and cycled almost to Playa Honda, past the airport. The kids loved it (as did we). A real bargain too at 15 euros for 2 hours. We ate at Emma's Cantina in the old town a few times (I've done a separate review) - excellent food. We also found a really good Italian restaurant on the front in Matagorda and a few places in PDC. The restaurant touts get a bit annoying, but simply cross the road and avoid them all completely! We had fantastic weather and certainly made the most of it. The crazy golf on the strip was good fun and the kids also liked the trampolines. So much to see and do for every generation. Made a discovery whilst there - chocolate tequila (didn't think I even liked tequila!) Managed to find some in one of the off licence shops to bring home (couldn't find the toasted marshmallow vodka though that everyone on the forum was talking about - maybe next time!) In summary, we'll definitely be back!

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

Glad you had a good one Belgravia............thanks for the trip report.

It's actually Caramel Vodka :)................no wonder you couldn't find it LOL better luck next time

Ireland
Level Contributor
588 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Trip Reports For PDC

So I just got back from PDC Thursday night and we had a brilliant time as always.

Ate and drank in all of the usual haunts, Emma's Cantina and Sorrento di Italia were my favourites. We also went to Jin Long twice, it was our first time going there, it was gorgeous and very reasonable!

We stayed in the Maribel and had our usual apartment 42 which faces the strip and has a nice big balcony with table and chairs and 2 sun loungers and it gets the sun all day.

The weather was absolutely fantastic, I only saw clouds once!

Time to plan the next one now!

We got engaged there too so it was extra special this time :)

Edited: 08 September 2014, 11:21
Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Reply to: Trip Reports For PDC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen