We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in April

sheffield england
Level Contributor
299 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
weather in April

Hi - only 3 weeks to go now - so looking forward to our 2 week holiday in PDC. Arriving on the 18th April until 2nd May and feeling a little anxious about the weather after reading posts on the forum. Will we really need to bring coats, woollies and jeans for evening time. We have always gone to Tenerife on the same dates in previous years and NEVER had to pack for cold evenings! Some re-assurance pleaseeeeee!!!!

Wexford, Ireland
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in April

The weather forecast for first few days April is good but then v cloudy with no sun from 6th to mid April...

sheffield england
Level Contributor
299 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in April

Not very re-assuring lol! Hopefully time will change this forecast!!!!!!!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,886 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in April

No way on earth to know what the weather will be doing in 3/5 weeks time. The Spanish met office forecast is linked in the top questions, on the right hand side of the page. That's a 7 day forecast and even then it changes daily like ours does at home. It's about as a reliable a forecast as you will get though.

4. Re: weather in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 10:05
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in April

Because that's a huge part of the reason we go on holiday?

Wexford, Ireland
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in April

Agree Claire the reason I go to lanzarote this time of year instead of mainland Spain is for supposedly guaranteed sun!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,886 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in April

Not everyone goes on holiday for the weather. Some people go because they love that destination. Warm and sunny is a bonus. If you want 'guaranteed' sun, especially in the winter, the Canaries aren't the place to go.

No amout of asking and worrying about the weather will change it, so no point in worrying.

Edited: 27 March 2014, 21:32
8. Re: weather in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 10:05
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in April

The weather isn't the only reason I go at all. I know I can't change the weather too. Doesn't stop me hoping for some sunshine though :-)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in April

The sun will be out...stop moaning and worrying about the weather.

Enjoy

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen