We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Qiuz.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
A Qiuz.

Hi all, I wonder can anyone solve this little problem for me. I have tried to write a review of a restaurant in Matagorda Centro but it was refused because of a 'profanity'. I re-read it, checked each sentence, even deleted words, yet still a message came up about the use of a 'profanity'

Now there are reviews of this restaurant using its proper name, alas, I am not permitted to type it because it appears that it is the name, or part of, that is the 'profanity'. I am at a loss as to how the name remains in the other Reviews.

The Restaurante Matagorda stretches from the interior to the exterior of Matagorda Centro; so here is the quiz: go to Google maps/earth and focus on the restaurant beside the Sportsmans bar outside the Centro and tell me what 'Casa K***) means. Focus on the second name as Casa means home/house.

I can't type the entire word because it is regarded a profanity by the TA Team. Any solutions would be welcomed from all...including the TA Team,

Strange indeed.

Confused,

Pat.

PS don't type the K*** name just the off-hand meaning if any.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Qiuz.

As used in Spanish, the word is pronounced "Kee-kay", and is a short, or familiar, way of saying Enrique (Henry) so the name translates as Henry's (or Harry's) House.

However, in English, the word would be pronounced to rhyme with "like", and it's an extremely derogatory and offensive way of referring to Jewish people. I presume that's what the screening software is picking up on, and refusing to let you type.

Funny, I've never noticed it before. When I've seen Spanish people with that name, I've always heard it in my head pronounced the Spanish way, so the offensive English way of saying it has never even ocurred to me.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Qiuz.

Thanks, Jack_Crawford. That's true...alas i have worked that out since I posted the thread. It has been brought to my notice that a certain abbreviation of Richard would probably be regarded as a profanity and a hen's other half; if you know what I mean.

My pal actually talked to 'Henry' therefore I should have realised the name. Oh, well, I have posted the review mentioning the 'Restaurante Matagorda'.

Pat

3. Re: A Qiuz.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:17