We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Graciosa

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
La Graciosa

The other half persuaded me to book the new(ish) excursion to La Graciosa. I was a bit unsure, thinking "what the hell am I going to do on an island with no roads, no cars and no internet for four hours". But I am pleased to say that the island is one of the most peaceful, most tranquil and most beautiful places I have ever had the pleasure in experiencing.

It's obviously not for everyone, but if you are thinking of making the trip, then I would say that it looks like the island is preparing for commercial development. There are a couple of new, or at least, refurbished housing advertising as for rent, others appear to have building work in progress. In ten years time, I can envisage a bar or two, with nightlife and entertainment for the visitors, which would be a shame.

Much of the island is a nature reserve, so the whole island cannot be developed, but invariably, the part where you disembark the ferry will, so I just wanted to say that even if you don't want to go this visit or even the next, if it is a place that is on your radar, it may not be the simple place which I found so captivating in a few years from now.

derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Graciosa

We had planned to visit La Graciosa on our last visit, but were unable to as I broke my ankle before our holiday. It sounds lovely and peaceful, but understand your comments about visiting now whilst it's still unspoiled, rather than later.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Graciosa

One other tip I meant to say, the ferry costs €20 for the independent traveller; we did lastminute from PDC for €25 - you do the math. Costa Terguise pickups might be ever less.

3. Re: La Graciosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen