We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wind

scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wind

Hi ,

Booked up for the 21st August to PDC and now a little nervous as i,ve been told that it is so windy in this part of the island. I was sure that it was the other end that got strong winds. Am i right or wrong ?? Don,t like the wind at all on holiday so might consider changing to somewhere else.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wind

Lanzarote is known for it's wind - however with the high temps you can expect in August you may be glad of it.

As I understand it from reading the forums the least windy of the resorts is Playa blanca - we are going back to Breezy Teguise in July/August - last went November 2012 when there was indeed a breeze but with temps in the high 20's then it was welcome.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wind

We are just coming to the end of a 12 day stint and the most we have experienced is a pleasant breeze with the odd stronger gust. In fact on Friday/Saturday there was absolutely zero wind at all, resulting in me turning lobster red for only the second time ever!

Couple of years back we had wind strong enough to move the sand for a couple of days, but usually you will get a happy medium.

doncaster
Level Contributor
223 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wind

Hi ...... We been to PDC different months of the year and yes it does get windy some days ... But trust me in August you will appreciate the windy days because it can be very hot some days .We return in August can't wait . Enjoy :))

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
402 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wind

I agree witht the above posters it can be a welcome blessing from the heat.

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wind

We found playa Blanca quite windy at times but it was very welcome. Though we did need a cardy or light jacket in the evenings and that was August time. Hoping pdc will be warmer in evenings.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wind

Personally ive always found costs teguise to be the most breezy, even then tho I think its a welcome breeze rather than an irritating wind and yes, I echo the opinion of previous posters, with such high august temps, I wouldn't consider changing your plans x

Cleethorpes, United...
Level Contributor
380 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wind

We have just returned from pb which I understood should be the least windy of the resorts . The first half of our hol was indeed windy 30 kph gusts . Didn't spoil it however we were chilly in an evening which was a bit disappointing . The last 3 days were lovely just a gentle but welcome breeze

8. Re: Wind

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen