We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in lanzarote

Which Puerto Del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carterton...
Level Contributor
24 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
October in lanzarote

Hello after trying to book in a travel agents (will do it on line) I am getting no help what so ever from co operative travel.

I am hoping to fly out 11october for a week and the rep advised me it will be cold and all the hotels close their pools, is this true? I was under the impression that lanzarote is a winter sun resort?? HELP

Wicklow, Ireland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October in lanzarote

Hi,

I have gone in both October and November many times over the last 10 years and the weather has always been lovely. We have stayed in various Apartments and Hotels and not 1 had closed their pool.

The resort is a little quieter at this time of year although there are still plenty of people around.

Hope this helps.

Sutton in Ashfield...
Level Contributor
522 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October in lanzarote

The rep is talking out of his backside. He knows nothing of Lanzarote. The weather in October is usually very good. We have been for the last 5 years later on in October and have never been disappointed. Where are you flying from. I can give you advice what sites to look at and who to book with.

Nigel

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: October in lanzarote

While I cannot predict the weather I can say with a high degree of confidence that the weather will not be cold and that the only reason for a hotel to have their pool closed at that time would be for some sort of maintenance.

The rep ypu spoke with needs their head examined.

I have been in PDC in October for 6 of the last 7 years and not once once while I was there has it been cold, infact one year it was over 40 degrees.

Burstwick, Hull
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October in lanzarote

The rep is obviously in the wrong job! We go out to Lanzarote, ( Puerto Del Carmen), every October and we have had temps in the high 30`s the last three years, it is one of the best times to visit in my opinion. The only time I know to hotels /apartments closing their pools are for refurbishments and these are usually advised well in advance. Find a new travel agent, (or book direct with your chosen hotel ),then go and have a great holiday! LaMaP.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,248 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October in lanzarote

When you say 'the rep' do you mean someone from the Travel Agency?

Maybe the Travel Agent was thinking of a different resort (still no excuse), as that is the end of the season for a lot of resorts located in northern mainland Spain and other areas where it does get cooler at that time of year.

Ireland
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: October in lanzarote

We went the last week in Sept/first week in Oct last year and we had great weather...a couple of showers one day, but it was still warm! We're going back on the 9th Oct this year (so the same time as you) and expect the weather to be similar to last year. You might need a cardi in the evenings, but you won't be cold during the day!

As the others have said, that rep is obviously talking through his rear 😉

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October in lanzarote

We have been to Lanzarote in October many times...in fact it would be our best time; hot enough for a tan and not baked. Pool at San Marcial, our apartments, has only closed for maintenance.

I suggest that you go to another agent or book flights/accom direct.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October in lanzarote

We go to PDC in December every year and the weather has always been hot and sunny.. The Canaries is an all year round holiday destination and is hot and sunny all year round, granted some months are hotter than others but generally there is plenty of people about no matter what time of the year you visit.

As far as pools being closed, I personally have never experiences that when I have been there and the pool areas are usually quite busy.

I have also visited in October before and it has always been the same then.

london
Level Contributor
357 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October in lanzarote

I went on that exact date last year. 11th October and spent 2 weeks laying out in gorgeous sunny weather. Lovely and hot with just a little breeze and not absolutely boiling so you can't go out. In my opinion October is one of the best months to visit Lanzarote. Enjoy.

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October in lanzarote

We have been going to Lanzarote every October for past five years and we have always had fantatic weather, we went in July one year but the weather was better in October with less wind, roll on 2nd October when we return :)

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen