We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Izaro Club

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Izaro Club

Hi folks. I have never been to Lanzarote before and I have just come across the Izaro Club Self Catering Apartments. The reviews of these all seem really positive. My main questions would be:

1) Are they far from the beach ? And what charge is the parasol and lounger rental on the beach per day?

2) Are there many supermarkets nearby to buy food for breakfast/lunch?

3)Are restaurants expensive in Lanzarote? I was in Turkey last year and they were very cheap but alcohol was expensive there!

Thanks so much for any advice you can give me!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Izaro Club

Hi

The Izaro are located at the top of a hill in the Old town, we stayed there SC in Feb, nearby are two supermarkets and quite a few good spots for breakfast, the Purple Turtle and Highlander Too in Montana Tropical. I think we paid about 12 euros for two sunbeds and parasol on beach (may be wrong) the beach is about 15-20 mins walk away.

Eating out in PDC can be as cheap or as expensive as you make it. Lots of places offering "pub style" food, plenty of chinese restaurants with offers, lovely local fish/tapas places.

Drinks tend to be more expensive in the irish bars, supermarkets sell cheap wine and beers. Prices vary from place to place.

Birmingham, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Izaro Club

hi there! going to Izaro HB next weak, for the first time to Lanzarote as well. As i understand the beach is around 15min walk, and in town centre there are a lot of good restaurants. We have booked the car, so it is easier to get to the other beaches, and places to look, but as i understand from the reviews hotel is good, just renovated, but location is not to be the best if you are not a fan of walking, however, everything is not far away.thank you

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Izaro Club

Thanks for the advice folks! Roll on the holiday!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
121 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Izaro Club

Jevgenga, have booked Izaro for 2 weeks next month, would love to know how you are finding the evening meal options?

Thanks

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
366 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Izaro Club

Just wondering where you found these apartments? I see you mentioned they were self catering but i could only find a half board option and even contacted the hotel directly for Self catering and they said they would only offer half board which is disappointing for me. PDC Old town is like a second home to me and the restaurants are so amazing!

6. Re: Izaro Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen