We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Trips

NEWPORT, SOUTH WALES
Level Contributor
99 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Trips

Hi

Where is the best place to book Excursions? We are looking to book the night out at Rancho Texas and a Catamaran Cruise.

Is is best to book with the Tour Operator?

Thanks Alison

Gateshead
Level Contributor
85 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Trips

We have never booked with a tour operator they usually prove to be very expensive. Personally we tend to do things on out own but have used Last Minute in the past who are very good.

lastminute-transfer.com/lastminute_trip.asp

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Protaras
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Trips

Hi

Rancho Texas is only a few minutes taxi ride out of PDC maybe cheaper than going on a trip. Think we paid about 6 euro ish each way. Catalanza have a website if you book online you receive 15% discount.

Also http://www.lastminute-transfer.com do organised trips we have you them for transfers and found them very good, we hire a car so do not do trips, they seem to have good reviews.

Diane

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
329 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Trips

Defo use the last-minute offices or book with the trip organiser direct rather than the travel reps or the accommodation.

As an example, we went on the trip to La Graciosa, booked with last minute in their office outside our hotel - cost €25.

When I came to checkout, I saw the list f excursions available through the hotel reception. Cost for the Graciosa trip - €51

Edited: 08 July 2014, 10:09
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,166 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Trips

There's a free bus service in PdC for Rancho Texas.

www.ranchotexaslanzarote.com/park/…

Manchester
Level Contributor
108 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Trips

Last minute for trips, and Rancho pick up from various hotel stops for free timetable on their web site

Washington, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Trips

I thought the free rancho texas bus was for daytimes only and not for their evening shows ??? Can anyone advise seen as the op mentioned going there for a night out. Thanks.

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Trips

if you go and see Mark at the last minute office barcarola,hes worked for them for 10 years and he knows the best way to do the excursions and trips.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
366 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Trips

I recommend booking it yourself. It is not too expensive to get a taxi directly to Rancho Texas.

Also book Catlanza - it's amazing! You can book through them www.catlanza.com and they will pick you up close to your hotel and drop you home again.

Puerto Calero is lovely and relaxing so i would sometimes make my own way to have breakfast there before the trip

9. Re: Booking Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:17