We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitable for children?

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Suitable for children?

I've read that PDC is the most lively of the Lanzarote resorts so weary of taking my children? If not, can anyone recommend low cost/budget, child friendly hotels, please?

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
surrey
Level Contributor
530 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suitable for children?

Hiya its lively but not full of clubbing teens or anything, i take my kids and they love it, nice beaches child friendly restaurants, arcades up and down the strip and days out like water parks submarine trip and rancho texas zoo, its really lovely go and enjoy, look at www.plazapalmeras.com for clean budget apartments in the centre of everything and just 26 euros per night, cheapest ur find im sure, book direct dont waste money on thomas cook etc and no need for transfers as just 10 mins from airport, if u go in the summer its right next door to the cinco plazas which is a thomson family hotel so sneak in at night for a great family show ;) enjoy xx

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suitable for children?

Brill, thank you. :-) xx

devon
Level Contributor
327 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suitable for children?

I've been taking my children to PDC for years... it's very family friendly, as is the whole island. If you think it may be too much for them (I don't lol) try Matagorda. .it's minutes away from PDC but much quieter.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suitable for children?

I think some people describe Puerto Del Carmen as lively when what they actually mean is that it's popular and busy. It's a really friendly place and my kids love it there. I think hotel recommendations would partly depend on the age group of your children. The Plaza Palmeras is a great choice like Claire said. I also like the Acuario Sol 2 because they have 2 bedroomed apartments. My youngest is 9 so kids clubs and things like that aren't important for us. If that's something you need then I'm sure someone can suggest some good accommodation for you. Have a great time :)

Mentioned in this post
Acuario Sol
Acuario Sol
559 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Puerto Del Carmen
Puerto Del Carmen
Lanzarote, Spain
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suitable for children?

Agreed! "Lively" on Lanzarote is entirely different to lively elsewhere. Its the liveliest and busiest resort on the island but still with calmness and classiness IMHO :-)

In fact, I always marvel at the different groups you see together in lanzarote when people watching ( I do this often lol)... Mother-daughter or large family or grandparents with grandkids or 3 generations together or a group of friends or solo travellers.....

Edited: 12 July 2014, 00:03
Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
6. Re: Suitable for children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen