We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

playa club apartments - sunbeds

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
playa club apartments - sunbeds

Has anyone had any problems getting a sunbed by the pool?

We are going to Playa Club in Sept and I hate the sunbed race and refuse to take part.

We have been to the Greek Islands in the past and never had a problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Gateshead
Level Contributor
86 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: playa club apartments - sunbeds

Hi Helen H we stayed at the Playa Club last year and we are there again from next Sunday. While we were there last year there was the usual mad dash for sunbeds, people grabbing them as early as 7am. The management do advertise that they will remove towels if left on the beds but this didn't happen so it was quite difficult to get a bed around the pool. I think it would be easier if you were wanting to lie in the gardens.

Try not to let this put you off as it's a great place to stay.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: playa club apartments - sunbeds

Many thanks for the info - going outside school holidays, does that make any difference?

Gateshead
Level Contributor
86 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: playa club apartments - sunbeds

I don't think it will be as busy but these are popular apartment. Our first week last year was out of the school holidays and it wasn't too bad still busy but beds were available.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: playa club apartments - sunbeds

Cheers - looking forward to going.

Can you recommend any day trips, restaurants and bars with entertainment?

(we are a family of three adults)

Which is the best shop to book day trips with?

How far is the old town & harbour from Playa Club?

Many thanks for your help again.

Gateshead
Level Contributor
86 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: playa club apartments - sunbeds

Hi Helen there are loads of bars which offer entertainment it's not something we do so couldn't advise on the best ones I'm sure others will be able to advise.

We have used Lanzarote Transfers in the past (we booked this year for our daughter who has just returned to go to the market and the reports were good) they have shops on the front and have good reputation and a good range of excursions. More often than not we hire a car picking up at the airport and do the excursions ourselves. All of the day trips are great, we love Timanfaya national park, Rancho Texas is great for the kids and one place which never fails to impress is the Mirror Del Rio fanbulous! Of course not forgetting the Sunday market in Vila de Teguise.

The Old town is about 2km from the Playa Club so about a 25 minute walk (depending on your speed and the heat and how often you stop for a beer!)

Whatever you choose to do I'm sure you'll have a great time. It's a magical place and I'm sure you will fall in love with the island.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: playa club apartments - sunbeds

Many thanks for all your help. :)

Gateshead
Level Contributor
86 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: playa club apartments - sunbeds

Pleasure like nothing more than chatting about Lanzarote!

8. Re: playa club apartments - sunbeds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen