We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time lanzarote...

Save Topic
First time lanzarote...

Hiya a was wondering if anyone can help me, I'm wanting to to book up for lanzarote for my 30th birthday which will be in feb and was wondering where's best to go? There will be a group of us 30+ I will also be taking my daughter who will be 4 and looking to stay near the beach all inclusive if anyone could help would be much appreciated.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time lanzarote...

We'll need a bit more info - budget, what you like to do? are you wanting to get out and about or do you want the entertainment hotel based?

The 3 main resorts all offer something slightly different - Playa Blanca is the quietest with a long promenade and a harbour/marina. PDC is the busiest resort with lots in the way of bars and entertainment and the hilliest of the resorts. Costa Teguise fits in between the other two although it is also relatively flat.

2. Re: First time lanzarote...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 17:36
Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time lanzarote...

lanzarote village is near the los pocillios beach and only a ten minute walk from the start of the main strip.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time lanzarote...

If you want A.I. then the Riu Paraiso is worth a look. It's in Playa de los Pocillos which is between Matagorda and Puerto del Carmen. From the hotel a 15 min stroll out the back gate (which is overlooking the beach) to the left you can get to Matagorda and to the right, a similar stroll takes you to the start of the strip in Puerto del Carmen. You can walk along the length of the beach to either parts.

The hotel offers two big swimming pools, one with a swim-up bar in it, a buffet restaurant, a Chinese restaurant, the yaiza restaurant which changes from Mexican to Canarian cuisine every mid-week and two well stocked snack bars, one at either pool. Most drinks are self-service except spirits or cocktails which are bar tended. Entertainment is typical Riu with their own staff doing shows and they also bring in some outside acts in during your stay and are entertaining. There are plenty bars etc in PdC to choose from and some great trips to go on if you like an excursion or two. Local buses take you to other resorts like Playa Blanca, Costa Teguise and Puerto Calero amongst others if you fancy a change of scene on a night out.

The hotel is just along from the one mentioned above so is in a good position without being a loud or "in your face" resort on your doorstep.

Edited: 24 August 2014, 17:09
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time lanzarote...

Hi, Nicola_reilly,

The back of the Sol Lanzarote is merely 50ft from the beach in Matagorda. You will have a choice of going to Arrecife or PDC, bus stops and taxi are nearby. If you get tired of sticking to AI, there are many restaurants and bars to choose from in the nearby Matagorda Centro and along Los Pocillos/Jameos strip. Try the late bars in the Centro; I recommend the Late Late Show Bar for live entertainment and karaoke, and for sports, the Sportsman Bar.

Enjoy

Save Reply
6. Re: First time lanzarote...

Thanks very much everyone I will take on board all the comments thanks again!

Gibbs308
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time lanzarote...

Either Puerto del Carmen or Playa Blanca, but at this time might be difficult to get a hotel which will accommodate the whole party. Probably best to go through a travel agent.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time lanzarote...

Nicola_reilly, when you say 30+, do you mean your ages or the number in the group? Not many travel agents book large group numbers for Hotels. If you are a group of over 30 in number, you may have to do block booking in groups of 8-10.

If this would be your 1st visit, I suggest don't bother with Play Blanca because there is so much more to see in PDC with greater access to buses to elsewhere, including a day-trip to Play Blanca. I can't advice you on any AI beach-side accom in PDC though.

Enjoy

9. Re: First time lanzarote...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen