We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's it like in December/January?

Wales
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What's it like in December/January?

Im thinking of going to Costa Adeje the week after Christmas but wanted to know what things are there to do in the evening? Will all bars/restaurants be open? Any suggestions on hotels? Thanks in advance!

`england
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's it like in December/January?

Hi

yes everything will be open, although a lot of bars have shut down, to do with the recission.

I've been in january and it's a nice time to go, shorts n t-shirts weather during the day, bit cooler at night, but much better than at home.

sorry i can't help you with a hotel, i always stay los cristianos or that end of las americas.

Shropshire, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's it like in December/January?

There is plenty to do in the evenings in Costa Adeje at any time of year.

Something to be aware of is that the resort we call Costa Adeje is really a stretch of the coast that covers a few miles, so you will find that some of the hotels are within easy walking distance of the bars and restaurants, whereas others are not, because they are in quieter areas a little further out.

One way to find your ideal hotel is to use Google maps to look where a hotel is located and then use Trip Advisor to check a few reviews.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
4,090 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's it like in December/January?

Hi December and January is a lovely time of the year to holiday in Tenerife, and other than over Christmas and New Year very good value for money. Tenerife is a year round holiday island with many long stay visitors during the mild winter months. Although I have not stayed in this area I have had many holidays in November and January, we have always been able to sit on the beach or around the pool, and always returned with a lovely tan. However because the weather is so warm many hotels do not heat their outdoor pools, so they are too cold for me, also the sea can be too rough to swim in. As I have said many older people spend the winter months in Tenerife usually in self-catering accommodation, therefore restaurents and bars could be busier during the winter months than short stay holiday makers in the summer who stay in HB or AI hotels and spend little money outside of their hotel. I am sure you will have a lovely holiday, we always do.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
4. Re: What's it like in December/January?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje