We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Dream Gran Tacande

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
106 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Dream Gran Tacande

Ive noticed alot of forum members sing the praises of the tacande can anyone tell me what advantages this hotel has over say the anthelia or adeje gran or other 5 star hotels in the area info would be most welcome for my next visit to adeje thanks guys

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,677 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Dream Gran Tacande

I've not stayed at the other two hotels, only the Gran Tacande but I am aware of the position of both of the other hotels.

The Tacande is beach front in the classy El Duque area, the others are not beach front. The Adeje Gran is 20 minutes further back from the sea front up a very steep hill so not suitable for those with walking problems. The Anthelia is also back from the sea but not as far as the Adeje Gran and is further along closer to PDLA.

There is also the Jardin de Nivaria which is classed as a 5 star hotel. This is also sea front and also worth looking at.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,677 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Dream Gran Tacande

I'm going to correct myself here before anyone else does regarding the position of the Anthelia because it is seafront. Apologies for the confusion and the only thing I can say in my defence was that I was watching TV, drinking a couple of glasses as well as looking on TA. Was just going to bed and realised what a mistake I'd made and was too late to correct it immediately, hence this mornings correction.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
106 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Dream Gran Tacande

Thanks daisey the tacande does seem in a fab location , will have to study other hotels in area cost ,location, TA recomendations etc thanks again

Birmingham, England
Level Contributor
70 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Dream Gran Tacande

We stayed in the Gran Tacande a couple of weeks ago. As a previous poster commented its in a great location right by Del Duque beach. Its fairly quiet at night time in the immediate area with just a few restuarants but a 10 minute walk or a 5 euro taxi takes you to the more lively area of Fanabe.The Anthelia is about a 5 minute walk away going back towards Fanabe. This was the other hotel that we considered. There wasnt much in it in terms of location and facilities and the reviews were pretty similar so in the end the deciding factor for us was the price. The Gran Tacande was quite a bit cheaper. We were very happy with our choice and would thoroughly recommend it.

Ive also stayed at the Bahia Princess in Fanabe. Although the hotel was ok its not in the same class as the Gran Tacande. If you want a true 5* experience however then the Bahia Del Duque looks hard to beat - but it is much more expensive.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
106 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Dream Gran Tacande

Thanks finakyes some great info , the trouble being ,its such a fab area with lots of hotel choice ,will have to do some more homework /

6. Re: Hotel Dream Gran Tacande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:41
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje