We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one to pick!!!!

Which Costa Adeje hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which one to pick!!!!

We are looking to book an all inclusive holiday over christmas & new year to Tenerife. We have narrowed our choice down to 2 hotels. Costa Adeje Gran & Bahia Principe Costa Adeje. Reading all the reviews on here has really confused us though as we don't know which one to pick. We are a couple in our early 30's looking for a chilled out holiday. Good Food is important. Any tips would be great

Thanks

up north
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one to pick!!!!

not stayed at either but both look very nice, the bahia is a bit further out and maybe too quiet an area unless that suits you ? if prices very similar i think i would pick adeje gran, but dont think much in it to be honest.

Porthcawl, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one to pick!!!!

Have stayed in both hotels and although both are really quality hotels where the Costa Adeje Gran is near bars and restauants compared to Bahia Principe is in the middle of nowhere and classing it in Costa Adeje is a joke.

You will be spending at least 10 euros each way for a taxi to the bars and restaurants in Costa Adeje.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,325 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one to pick!!!!

Got to agree with the above post regarding where the hotels are situated. Adeje Gran better position but it's up a steep hill and a 15 minute walk minimum to the beach. Along the beach in the same area are the Dream Hotel Gran Tacande and the Jardin de Nivaria. Perhaps these may also be of interest.

Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which one to pick!!!!

I stayed in the Bahia principe in June and couldn't fault it, yeah it's I'm the middle of no where but it's only 10-15 euros up to las Christionos which we didn't mind paying for a day out. And your on your holidays so who minds paying 10quid to travel out!

The hotel offers everything you could wish for and is amazing!

I wouldn't Definatley go back

Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which one to pick!!!!

I stayed in the Bahia principe in June and couldn't fault it, yeah it's I'm the middle of no where but it's only 10-15 euros up to las Christionos which we didn't mind paying for a day out. And your on your holidays so who minds paying 10quid to travel out!

The hotel offers everything you could wish for and is amazing!

I **would** Definatley go back

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which one to pick!!!!

Earlier answers are good. However, if you genuinly want a chill out the Bahia is for you. Lovely grounds, lovely terrace, total relaxation. We usually manage to leave the compound once in the week to go to Puerto Colon to have a wander but other than that move from room to restaurant to pool to bar to restaurant to terrace to bar...... It's a hard life.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which one to pick!!!!

Me again. Carwyn makes a point that the Bahia is described as being in Cosat Adeje. Costa Adeje means the coast of the Adeje area - there is no resort called Costa Adeje, in the same way there isn't a resort called Costa del Sol in Spain. I think the brochures are misleading and should describe the Bahia as being near Playa Paraiso on the Costa Adeje.

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which one to pick!!!!

At least if you stay in the Gran you can have a lovely stroll if you fancy,The Bahia is very nice but you could end up paying out money all the time if you want to go out and about due to it's location IMOP anyway.

9. Re: Which one to pick!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje