We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming pools that allow you in

Cheshire
Level Contributor
245 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming pools that allow you in

We are here at the moment staying in a residential apartment in Adeje (without a pool)are there any apartments that would allow us in to sunbathe dont mind paying but just want a change from sunbeds on the beach thanks

Chayofa, Spain
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming pools that allow you in

Just qalk in and see what happens

Cheshire
Level Contributor
245 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming pools that allow you in

Can't do that I would be too embarrased if anyone questioned us and made us move. In Greece you are able to use any pool providing you buy food or drink just wondered if something similiar applied here in Tenerife.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming pools that allow you in

Then try a big hotel or apartments with reception - go to reception and ask if you can use their bar and pool

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming pools that allow you in

I think they don't generally mind, so long as you make use of the pool bar. Its all money. No one ever goes round checking who is who, unless of course you go into an all-inclusive or somewhere like the Parque Santiago's.

London
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming pools that allow you in

Yes, I love paying more for a nice hotel with a nice pool area and have people who have not paid come along and use said facilities.

How would they know you are spending in the bar/food outlets?

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming pools that allow you in

I have to say I tend to agree with jmin on this one. We know someone who books the cheapest apartment then he and his wife go to the best pool area nearby and blatantly use it! As many pool areas have barely enough sunbeds for their own clientele it's just not on. But carpet beggar was looking for somewhere he could pay to use. I think he!d be best paying for sunbeds on the beach. Although I think the price of sunbeds in PLDA and Los Christians area are ridiculous . We're just back from Costa del Sol where for 9 euros a day you had 2 beds with fat cushions and parasol.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,532 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming pools that allow you in

I agree too. It's so annoying to think you've paid for a 5 star hotel with a pool to then find all and sundry using it. In my experience there are normally security on the door and to get pass them is difficult.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
245 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimming pools that allow you in

I feel I've opened a hornets nest here, as I originally said I wanted to pay to use the facilities as I would not like to pay for a top class hotel and all and sundry use the pool. I have now found a Lido in Playa Paraiso which you can pay a small entrance fee which we will use thank you.

Haydock
Level Contributor
220 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimming pools that allow you in

I am sure you can pay & use the lido that is @ the rear ( ie set over the cliffs/ sea ) of the Jardin Tropical.

Have passed it several times either walking to & from Costa Adeje to PDA.

Tom

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,899 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimming pools that allow you in

If thats so Tom ,thats a really nice looking place .........

Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje