We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euro and cigarettes

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
euro and cigarettes

just wanted to know price of 200 sterling superking blue or if do not sell them 200 Richmond blue/gold or berkley blue. Also what is the euro to the £ at present. Have tried tenerifesunshine as people suggested but are not showing exchange rates

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: euro and cigarettes

Christine,

Best rate I found today was Cheque Centre at 1.196. As your other questions re price of fags I noticed from another thread that you are staying at the Isobel just down the road in the wee shopping centre is a shop that sells drink/fags - I can't tell you prices of brands you requested I smoke the local brands when on the island. The TITSA bus station is a two min walk away from your hotel, not sure if they have a ticket office though.

Deefiaant10

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: euro and cigarettes

Taken from Tenerife Sunshine facebook

>>>Exchange staying at 1.20 people! sun is shining happy days!<<<

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: euro and cigarettes

Thanks to both of you for the information. I did not realise it was on facebook as I do not use.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: euro and cigarettes

e got 1.22 from thomsons on saturday

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: euro and cigarettes

Went in late September, 200 Sterling Red were about 13 euros in every shop. That worked out around £1.05 for a pack of 20 or about one sixth of the price back home. The lady who served me with the 800 I bought could not believe it when I told her in my broken Spanish that what I had just paid 52 Euros for would be 300+ euros in the UK!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: euro and cigarettes

Just picking up on the number of cigs AndyJ mentions. Many people assume that the allowance from the Canary Islands is the same as from mainland Spain and it isn't. Limit is 200 fags & 1 litre of spirits.

I'm not making any assumptions about anybody's intentions re the numbers above simply commenting on the allowances. :-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: euro and cigarettes

thanks for the info. Realise can only bring 200 per person. A great price though have gone up again since september in UK. Good job I do not live in Tenerife might not give up as I intend to do next year after smoking the duty free I bring back. Not long to go before in the sun.f

preston
Level Contributor
807 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: euro and cigarettes

i would advise you just bye a 20 pack of the local cigs first, many of them are just as good as the name brands, my wife smokes "respect" brand, they work out at about £5 for 200 and trust me, on a blind taste test i could not tell the difference.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: euro and cigarettes

thanks for that not heard of them sometimes smoke the light fortuna you can get these days. Will try them to see hope not too strong as have smoked local ones before and not good

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: euro and cigarettes

lol, my girlfriend and I carried 400 home each, didn't want to push our luck. Typically nobody even checking at the airport back home..

Most airlines will happily sell you a special deal for 400 on the plane anyway so I doubt it's that strict

Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje
Recent Conversations