We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Europa reviews??

Which Costa Adeje hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
fermanagh
Level Contributor
209 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Air Europa reviews??

We have booked a holiday with Thomson to Tenerife, however recently been told that they are using an airline called Air Europa. I've never heard of them before so wanted to know if anyone here has previously or recently flow with them and if they can offer an advice on them.

They seem to be quite cheap compared to other airlines and we are worried that as we wont be getting Thomson plane that we will be getting a much lesser plane for the journey and it will be terrible.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

29 replies to this topic
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,818 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Europa reviews??

I have used them lots of times mainly to fly to the mainland as they are a Spanish airline and they have always been excellent. They also do long haul so are not a 'Mickey Mouse' company and I think they can be compared to Iberia in it's heyday. If given a choice I would use instead of Thomson but that is just personal preference.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Edit: you could also ask your question here tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

Wow, seems you get loads of time to edit these days, just went found the link and came back. Great!

Edited: 08 April 2013, 12:44
Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Europa reviews??

Hi

Air Europa many years ago were the airline of choice for First Choice/Thomson et al before they discovered it was cheaper and made the tour operators more money to have their own airlines !!..Agree with Aguilas I too would rather fly with them...mainly because their seat pitch is 2 inches better than Thomson(who have the shortest seat pitch of any chárter airline).

Cancun
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Europa reviews??

Well, I got a good case of Salmonella on my business flight Madrid-Mexico city, so I wouldn't recommend.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,232 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Europa reviews??

Passenger comments www.airlinequality.com

Inverurie, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Europa reviews??

We have booked a holiday to Tenerife with Thomsons and have been informed that we will be flying with Air Europa. We normally pre-book our seats on the flight but have been informed by Thomsons that we cannot do this on this flight.

Has anyone who has used Air Europa when it should have been a Thomsons flight managed to pre-book their seats.

Grangemouth, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Europa reviews??

i have this same problem, have you flown yet?

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Europa reviews??

We're flying in August with what we thought were Thompson, turns out its Air Europa... any idea if they have films ??

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Europa reviews??

We're flying in August with what we thought were Thompson, turns out its Air Europa... any idea if they have films ??

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Europa reviews??

No such thing nowadays:)

Buckie Scotland
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Europa reviews??

Re air Europa do they take British money or are they Euro based. Only asking because last year on holiday with Thomas Cook we flew Pegasus Airlines from Antalya and their prices were all in Euros with an exchange rate of almost £1 to €1. We are flying To Tenerife with Air Europa in Oct from Aberdeen.

Reply to: Air Europa reviews??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje