We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe ...Costa Adeje or Tenerife?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
74 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Principe ...Costa Adeje or Tenerife?

Hi

Please could anyone explain the difference between Bahia Principe Costa Adeje and Bahia Principe Tenerife Hotels please. I know they are sister hotels and on the same complex - but which is the better one to stay in with 2 teenagers - considering rooms, restaurant choices, bars etc etc

Thanks for any help!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe ...Costa Adeje or Tenerife?

I have stayed at both in the last two years.

I am also confused which is which but one is on a level at the top of the hill and one follows the hill down to a rocky cove.

With teenagers, I would say the alrger of the two is the better one. More pools and more noise. Help yourself drinks and snacks are better but to be fair you can use the facilities at either. I prefer the restaurant at the top hotel though, more realxed and a abetter view if sitting outside.

There is not a lot to do for teenagers there so I hope they are easily pleased with pools and sun otherwise the nearest good beach is about 5 miles away.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe ...Costa Adeje or Tenerife?

The Tenerife is further up the hill, is smaller and a little further away from the sea - though this doesn't matter as there isn't a beach. The Costa Adeje is the larger and has open views from the central area to the sea. People have their own favourite - personally we (me, him and grown up daughter) much prefer the Costa Adeje and find the Tenerife a little claustrophic. Many people however would only stay at the Tenerife as they find the Cosat Adeje too large!

Soaperman is spot on with his comments though - there is very little for teenagers to do apart from swim and sunbathe. There are no beach sports at the nearby resort of Playa Paraiso - if they want a 'fix' of banana boats and paracending you'll have to go to Playa Fanabe, a 15 minute cab ride away.

Chester
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe ...Costa Adeje or Tenerife?

Hi,

I think all the rooms in the Tenerife hotel are suites as standard. The other thing is at meal times unless you are have a meal at an Al a carte restaurant you have to return to your hotels main restaurant ( you can use any pool bars / cafes ). We preferred the Tenerife hotels main restaurant as we would wait for an outside table on the terrace.

They are both nice hotels but there is nothing to do near the hotel.

Nice hotels to sunbath, read, listen to some music and long lunches.

Keith.

4. Re: Bahia Principe ...Costa Adeje or Tenerife?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje