We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Autoreisen cars

Which Costa Adeje hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nehterlands
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Autoreisen cars

Going in September to Tenerife. On Lanzarote I've used Autoreisen in the past. No bad experiences. Booked a C3, but got a Chevrolet Aveo (hatchback) instead. So I was wondering what kind of car does Autoreisen use if I book a A-class Citroën C3.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Autoreisen cars

Although when I booked a C3 Last time I did get a C3, you may get a car which is of the same standard rather than exact model. For example, a Ford Fiesta.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Autoreisen cars

I booked with them and will be picking up Ford Focus sized car - so guessing a C4 given they use a few Citroens - anyway will post my experiences on here. I was happy to go with Autoreisen as they were exactly half the cost of the "good deal" I thought I'd got with Avis - when I added in the Super CDW and extra driver the Avis hire more than doubled...

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Autoreisen cars

Pitvar, bearing in mind Tenerife is Spanish, and my memory of their long line of cars, my vote would be that you will get a Seat.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Autoreisen cars

Good point :)

Nehterlands
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Autoreisen cars

Booked a C3 with Autoreisen, eventhough a bit apprehensive because its a French car. If I get the C3 I probably will upgrade it.

Belguim
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Autoreisen cars

just returned for mTenerife. Booked a skoda Fabia and got a skoda fabia. Great service at the airport. As you wait for your bags, in the same hall you can get the paperwork for the car done. Twenty minutes after getting of the plane we had both our luggage and the car keys!

Returned the car 3 days ago. No problems or extra's at all. Very happy with Autoreisen.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Autoreisen cars

Picked up a Picasso as our focus sized car yesterday - not the best model in the world but clean and presentable and trouble free service from Autoreisen. Actually sorted the car before the first bag had arrived in the luggage carousel :) looking forward to two weeks if a white Citreon bus!

Nehterlands
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Autoreisen cars

Returned last saturday, and the C3 turned out to be an old model Ford Fiesta with 120.000km on the clock. Bruised and battered, lots of dents, and scratches. And in a terrible technical state. The gear lever jumped out of the selected gears, the outer left mirror couldn't be adjusted, it was a fuel guzzler (1liter every 8 kilometers) and it didn't had enough power to comfortably drive. When I opened the bonnet the water reservoir for the windscreen was open and almost empty. And I couldn't get the bonnet closed without the help of the wrench to change the tires, because the lock was all crocked.

So not sure if I will ever book autoreisen again.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Autoreisen cars

Gave me a fiesta and it was fine. Best car hire place I have ever used.

Gothenburg, Sweden
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Autoreisen cars

Is it pick up at the airport or do you have to take a shuttle bus somewhere?

Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje