We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Luggage

Which Costa Adeje hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Luggage

Hi All

We are heading to Costa Adeje this coming Friday a family of 2 adults 1 child and a seperate group of 2 adults.

I am bit worried our luggage will be over weight, are we allowed to take hair dryer, stightners etc in our hand hand luggage as we would like to have them in our hand luggage so they wont get broke.

Gazz

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Luggage

Hi, you can take electrical items in your hand luggage. However depending on your airline, these bags can also be weighed. Hair dryers are also available in most hotels and apartments. Your cases will also be weighed on the return flight, you are bound to buy things to bring home as Tenerife is a duty free island, so leave some allowance free. At this time of the year you will only need light clothes, as it is very warm, even at night. Supermarkets stock a wide range of toiletries, shampoos etc.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Luggage

electrical items are usually OK in hand luggage ...its mainly any liquids above 100ml that they confiscate , but as Ricky says depends on your airline ...remember to see there hand baggage rules...size dimensions...weight etc. hair dryers are supplied in most hotels but not straighteners... weather at this time of year = nothing heavy !! but us men ...know what you ladies are like !!...lol....my mrs took 8 towels and 20 pairs of underwear 1st time we went to Tenerife !! now its 1 beach towel and no knickers !!...lol to hot for them she says ...lol.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Luggage

Eeeerrr! Gazza 's a bloke !! >>> but us men ...know what you LADIES are like !!!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
605 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Luggage

LOL @ OLNF ... he may have ...long hair !!! unlike me & you !!...lol

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,494 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Luggage

I have long hair !!!....but its under my arms .

@Gazza ....i would be more tempted to put ,electrical stuff into my case ,and pack clothes into my hand luggage .Should any issues like loss of baggage ,or sent on the wrong plane ( hopefully not) but you may manage for a while without your electrical stuff ....but you may want a change of clothes before your luggage turning up .....just a thought . But as the others have said your safe to pack them into your hand luggage ,but again i find if asked to empty your bag at security its usually because it picks up something of a nature that needs them to look ...clothing doesnt "usually " cause this problem ,and i find clothes easier to repack anyway

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Luggage

If you're worried about weight buy electronic weighing scales for cases.

We got ours on Amazon and they are 100% accurate. Then you can juggle your hand and in hold luggage weights and you can take them with you to weigh your case before you come home.

Don't buy the non electronic ones you see in travel accessory stands ,they aren't accurate.

7. Re: Travel Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje