We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tenerife South Airport to Dream Gran Tacande

Which Costa Adeje hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tenerife South Airport to Dream Gran Tacande

Hi Guys,

Visiting Tenerife for the first time next week with the good lady wife and was hoping for a few tips from the hardcore Tenerife fans!!

Could you advise the cost of a taxi from South Airport to Dream Gran Tacande hotel please? Is it worth booking a private transfer or is it just as easy and cost effective to pick up a cab at the airport? I have seen very mixed reviews on some of the prebooking sites. If picking a cab up at the airport can I get a fixed price or is it just metered cabs.

Also we only have 4-5 days in Tenerife but are there any must sees/do for us whilst there? i.e water parks, dolphin swims, boat trips etc?

Finally are there any places within waking distance we should be heading for in the evenings for drinks and dinner. We love water front, beach marina type places too.

Any top tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tenerife South Airport to Dream Gran Tacande

Hi to help a bit ....Dolphin Swims ,are totally illegal in the whole of the Canary islands.

Boat trips ...i highly recommend FreeBird 1 ,a beautiful craft with an excellent crew .

Mount Tiede ... be it by day or night ,its a trip not to be missed .

Taxis ...there is a controller in a Hi Viz jacket who will know the price also a board with prices on it to certain hotels so you may need to know which others are close by ....always get the price and get the controller the confirm with the driver .If there is a difference once you arrive "Get a Receipt" then contact the taxis office !

Prices can be a few cents more depending on landing times / Take off times.All legal taxis are metered ,its the naughty taxi driver that clicks buttons to get more out of the customer .Its not all drivers but a few ruthless ones ...GET A RECEIPT

Edited: 19 November 2013, 12:13
Peterborough
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tenerife South Airport to Dream Gran Tacande

Hi, Many thanks for your reply. Very helpful.

Im hoping that someone might be able to advise of the cost I should expect to be paying for a transfer from Tenerife South Airport to the Dream Gran Tacande (Costa Adeje). It will help me decide whether to get a cab at the airport, pre-book a transfer from the UK or get the hotel to organise for me. If anyone can she light on the costs that would be great.

Also does anyone have any recommendations on areas we could walk to from the hotel for dinner and drinks in the evenings. We really enjoy the sea and waterfront in general i.e. Marinas etc. Any thoughts on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,302 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tenerife South Airport to Dream Gran Tacande

It's around €25. Queues are well organised at the airport and do go down fast.

The Gran Tacande is normally the hotel we stay at when visiting Tenerife. It's a fabulous hotel. If you aim towards the beach there are a couple of restaurants within a few minutes walk from the hotel on the left hand side. If you continue to walk further along the seafront and past the Gran Bahia del Duque hotel in the same direction there is a lovely bar a couple of minutes further along which looks towards the sea. Ideally situated. It's lovely to spend an hour or so just chilling out and looking out over the sea.

In the other direction you can walk all the way along the seafront into PDLA and Los Cristianos. If you walk for 20/30 minutes depending on your speed you will reach Puerto Colon which has loads of olaces to eat at. Just before this on the seafront run you'll see Burger King and by this are a couple of slopes which also have lots of places to eat at. Can't really name any one in particular as we tend to eat out at a different place each evening.

If your into markets then head away from the beach and up the hill towards the Adeje Gran hotel where there's a twice weekly market and well worth a visit. The bus stop is also situated in this area is you want to catch it into Los Cris and then wander back to the hotel which will take you best part of the day if you take a slow pace and stop off at cafes en route and have a look in the shops you pass.

Enjoy your stay. I'm sure you will.

Edited: 20 November 2013, 11:24
4. Re: Tenerife South Airport to Dream Gran Tacande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje