We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

Hi,

I am planning a weeks' bucket and spades holiday with my wife and 5 year old during the Easter break in Tenerife Costa Adeje area. After having looked at quite a few hotels on numerous sites, I have narrowed it down to Iberostar Bouganville and Iberostar Torviscas, both of which are more or less in the same area. Has anybody any idea which of the two would be better? I read in TA that the latter is bang on the beach, so that would be a bonus I guess.

Thanks.

south yorks
Level Contributor
489 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

Purely for location I would go with the Torviscas I don't think food or entertainment wise there is much difference.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

So whats the little one going to do whilst your playing with the bucket and spade ??.

If you want a longer beach to opt for so you have more room Toriviscas Playa would be your best bet ,if you want more of a cove with other users close by then Bouganville .If you go left along the sea front from Bouganville be aware this is a steepish hill up to Jardine tropical and Puerto Colon ,though Torviscas Playa to Puerto Colon is a hill its not so bad .For me Bouganville is a better area ,the other end reminds me of home in the its laid out ...but with more sun !!

up north
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

have stayed at the bouganville many times and always had a great holiday .

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
68 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

I have stayed at both hotels and they are both very good but for location I would choose the Torviscas. The beach is very close and I preferred the bars and restaurants in that area too. I also found the area a bit quieter at night which would be good for families. Regarding the pool, food etc there is v little difference between the hotels but I think the rooms in the Torviscas are in a better condition. PJ

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

We returned from the Bouganville on the 6th of December. I think we will be trying another hotel next year. The price to upgrade rooms has rocketed. While the improvements to the dining room look good, I am afraid that the food service has got worse.

If you like cold meats and salads you will be pleased. If you like hot food you will be disappointed. The "hot" food is generally cold, the chips are the worst I have had, blanched and recooked.

The meat is either under or over cooked. Be careful with the "show cooking". They were cooking dover sole one evening and the chap in front of me asked the chef "what kind of fish". He did not know. I noticed that the pieces of fish were rigid. I later found out why when I found that the fish was not cooked, they were cooking from frozen. Lamb chops usually burnt, chicken raw in the middle.

Food was badly labelled , sauces and soups were mixed up, fish soup labelled "cream of vegetable" etc.

I have been going there for over 20 years. We will probably try thr Torviscus Playa next year.

If you are staying at one of these hotels you can obtain a permit to eat in one of the other hotels, so give them a try.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

Stayed at both , no contest , torvisca playa every time

Stourport-on-Severn...
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

just returned from torviscos playa gt hotel fantastic food near beach and all entertainment would highly .recommend.

lancs
Level Contributor
975 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

We stay at the Torviscas every April and we love it there.

Food is great,staff lovely and all the rooms are very comfortable .

We like the location of the hotel,there are some nice views.Plenty of bars within easy walking distances.

Would recommend this hotel every time.

Marie.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

Just back from the torviscas last week, food was superb.

10. Re: iberostar bouganville or iberostar torviscas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje