We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurants Bars in the Vicinity of the El Mirador

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good Restaurants Bars in the Vicinity of the El Mirador

I have booked a solo trip to Costa Adeje and the El Mirador in May and I'm looking for recommendations for nice restaurants, friendly bars (for a solo female) and good shopping (but not too much of that) in the area.

Also any area related "don'ts" at night or any other time given i will be on my own.

Thanks

Maria

north west england
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
474 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurants Bars in the Vicinity of the El Mirador

Tenerife is generally a safe place and you'd like to hope that a woman on her own wouldnt feel threatened by the area. Just exercise the usual common sense - steer clear of deserted, dark areas; be wary in crowded areas of pickpockets - that sort of thing.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
London
Level Contributor
81 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurants Bars in the Vicinity of the El Mirador

El Torre del Mirador, try the Cherne (fish) lovely. Portofino for a pizza (but not much else). La Nonna had a good paella.

Mentioned in this post
La Nonna
La Nonna
658 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Restaurants Bars in the Vicinity of the El Mirador

The Coeurs de Filet which is in a side street running up from the nearby Playa Fanabe is very good - it

Is in an area with a few bars and restaurants which I'm sure you find safe and accommodating. You can reach there by taking the costal path which is well lit and busy, or via the road which runs past the Del Duque shopping centre - another nice and very safe spot for you. Down on the front at Playa Fanabe there is a traditional English bar called the Winchester where the staff will give you a very warm welcome - a bit tacky but extremely safe down there! A few other bars and restaurants too on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Fanabe
Playa Fanabe
1,738 Reviews
Tenerife, Spain
Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Restaurants Bars in the Vicinity of the El Mirador

Thanks for the advice much appreciated

5. Re: Good Restaurants Bars in the Vicinity of the El Mirador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 05:18