We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

ripon
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

Hi we've booked to go to luabay costa adeje on Xmas day for 11 nights from Manchester, myself, partner, daughter and parents. I received a phone call today saying the flight had been cancelled and the hotel was going adult only, so we couldn't stay as are travelling with a 5 year old. They have offered us flights on the 22nd but the hotel is in Los gigantes and I don't want to stay there. The prices have raised quite a bit since we booked so I don't know what to do. The only other 4 star all inclusive in the area is h10 conquistador but this is a lot more expensive. Does anyone know where I stand????

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,267 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

sorry I can't help you on where you stand, but I would go to moneysavingexpert.com and ask on there travel forum, loads of helpful people on there.

but the conquistador is a great hotel in a fab location and I would go for it.

I wouldnt' take a hotel in los gigantes, it's too quiet for us.

ripon
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

Thanks for the quick reply!! I'll have a look now, yes don't fancy gigantes looks too quiet for us too!

aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

stand your ground go back to them and say that is not suitable and you want to stay in the area that you booked and see what happens. Phone the hotel and ask if they are changing the policy. This will at least give you bargaining power if, they might be trying it on.

Phone First Choice. if you did it on line.

ripon
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

I booked in store in January and I've tried to see if you can book kids later in the year online and you can't so it does seem to be right. I don't believe that they just change to adult only like that and we shouldn't have been able to book in the first place. I am just mad that the alternative offered is nowhere near to where I originally booked???

5. Re: First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 07:17
aldershot u.k
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

Go back to the shop and tell them it is not suitable and let them do the work for you.

It is for them to negotiate you a more suitable hotel. As a last resort tell them you will go to holiday watchdog.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
529 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

Have a look at jet 2 holidays. They have flights from Leeds departing 23 rd with options in the area you are looking at. First choice should refund you given that the changes are major ones.

London, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

I think you should check what flights there are on the 25th and, unless First Choice can get you on one of these, you will probably be better off getting your money back from them.

I have flown out on Christmas day and it was a lot cheaper than any other day - plus I got to spend Christmas morning with the kids - started the Christmas dinner cooking and left them to it. [they were aged 19 - 34]. When we got back all the decorations and the tree were put away and it was lovely and clean. Highly recommended!

Do let us know how you get on - good luck!

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,267 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

I'd be giving them some suitable alternatives that I was happy to accept or asking for my money back and booking elsewhere. Try booking yourself instead of using an agent. Bearing in mind it's a peak time booking I'd not delay.

10. Re: First choice cancel Xmas day flights!!!! Advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje