We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a good hotel in a quiet area of Costa Adeje

Which Costa Adeje hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a good hotel in a quiet area of Costa Adeje

Hi All

Hoping to have 11 nights at Costa Adeje area end of September early October. Never been to Tenerife or any of the Canary Islands so not sure what to expect. We do like to be based in a quiet area but are happy to do lots of walking to visit beaches, shops and local sites. I quite like the sound of La Calleta, if anyone could let me know which hotels are located in this area. There seems so many lovely hotels to choose from but I'm not sure if they are in the area I'm looking for?

We are in our 50s/60s and looking for half board, not looking at the really expensive 5 star hotels!

Hope you can help?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,867 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a good hotel in a quiet area of Costa Adeje

La Caletta is very quiet. You may find that Costa Adeje suits you. Look at the Gran Tacande which is seafront but may be out of your budget. Try their own website and online agents as opposed to the high street travel agent for the best price.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a good hotel in a quiet area of Costa Adeje

Costa Adeje is a nice area but some parts are quite hilly but there are some good places on the flat near the front, others may be able to recommend some down near the beach, we use ones further inland. If you don't mind the odd hilly street then Hotel Fanabe Costa Sur(4*) is nice. It gives you the option of All-Inclusive if you don't want to stretch your budget too much. The hotel company has two other hotels near by, Hotel Isabel (4*) and Costa Adeje Gran(5*) You can view them on this website.. www.gfhoteles.com

Other hotels around the area are Jacaranda, (bit further in), Isla Bonita (across the road from Fanabe Costa Sur) Hotel Colon Guanahani, Jardines de Nivaria and others. Costa Adeje has a relaxing feel but with the choice of bars for entertainment, Playa de las Americas along the road is a bit more lively with "veronicas Strip" a row of bars to tempt in younger crowds but still has some nice places away from the strip, Los Cristianos at the other side of las Americas is probably the more laid back of the three.

I've visited all the main Canary islands this last few years and they're all good for slightly different reasons, we have found Tenerife slightly more expensive than the others but once you've been you'll want to try the others

Edited: 10 June 2014, 19:48
Lerwick, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a good hotel in a quiet area of Costa Adeje

Hi Pudding Lady!

We have just returned from Tenerife - stayed at Isabel Family Hotel. Went there first in March 2013, then my wife went in Nov 2013, and we've been again now. It's officially 4* and wouldn't be considered posh, but it's a fantastic place to stay. Rooms are actually apartments -big bedroom, living area with cooking facilities if you want, incl fridge, microwave etc plus of course bathroom. However we've always gone all inclusive and the buffets are EXPANSIVE! Excellent variety of food, including less common items like caviar, artichokes, etc lots of fish, meat, pasta, salads etc etc. Pool are is busy but not overcrowded, but for an early 60s couple like us the adult sunbathing area is so quiet ( I did a LOT of reading!) Not the cheapest, but For what you get it's excellent value! Happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a good hotel in a quiet area of Costa Adeje

Hi All

Thank you all for the information and recommendations you have given me, I can now start looking a prices and flights with a good selection of hotels to research.

Thanks again, I'll let you know what we decide.

5. Re: Looking for a good hotel in a quiet area of Costa Adeje

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje