We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled travellers

Manchester
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disabled travellers

Hello

Is Costa Adeje suitable for holidaymakers with mobility problems? My mum is recovering from a hip replacement and can walk OK with a stick; my dad cannot walk more than about 100yds.

Is there somewhere to hire a mobility scooter?

Are there lots of places to walk on the flat?

Which 3 or 4 star hotels are best placed for easy walking to the beach or along a promenade (if there is one).

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
485 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disabled travellers

Las Americas resort is mostly flat but the main areas of del duque/Fanabe/Torviscas etc are all hilly although the prom in these areas is flat can't comment on mobility scooter hire but I'm sure that someone else will be able to. As for hotels any along sea front would be more suitable for people with walking distance difficulties.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,245 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disabled travellers

This link may help .....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g662606-i11484-k…

Dublin
Level Contributor
138 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disabled travellers

I travel with a disabled person every year to Teneife because it is so wheelchair friendly. I normally stay in the Meditterranean Palace (Mare Nostrum) area because it is all completely on the flat. I love Adeje and have stayed there but whilst there is no problem getting around in a mobility scooter, for the able bodied partners, it can be exhausting going up and down the hills away from the sea front prom.

Yes, you can rent mobility scooters - Orange Badge - use them every year. They will deliver and pick up from your hotel or airport. Website is www.orangebus.eu or you can email them directly at:

info@orangebadge.eu.

I always hite the lightweight scooter as it can come apart if you want to hire a taxi (if you get too tired walking).

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disabled travellers

Hi, be aware that it can be a long walk from leaving the airplane to baggage reclaim. It would be worth your while contacting 'airport assist'. If your dad has a mobility scooter at home, he can bring it with him. Many airlines will not charge.

essex
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
1,235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disabled travellers

You may be better to look at Los Cristianos,there are several Hotels on the seafront,and the whole seafront area ,all along Las Vista beach into PDLA is on the flat.There is a place to hire mobility scooters next to Cristian Sur apartments.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,280 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disabled travellers

As already mentioned you should book Special Assistance with your airline. Although provided by the airport authority, it is supplied by the airport. Always do it direct with the airline and not rely on somebody else doing it for you. All airlines carry mobility scooters and wheelchairs FOC, but need to be advised in advance.

Before you book accommodation check it out properly to ensure it is accessible. I suggest you bok an accessible room, but ask the hotel how accessible it actually is.

7. Re: Disabled travellers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje