Hello all, I've got a few last-moment questions and issues that I would appreciate feedback on. I tried looking them up in older forum posts but could not find information that was more or less concrete, and as my friends and I need it to finalize our itinerary I decided to risk bothering you good people with stuff you may have been asked before. Any input you could provide would be of great assistance. Here goes:
1. Bus schedules – where can I get those? Writing to the bus operator yielded no results. If no-one knows about schedules, could you just tell me at what time do the buses begin and stop running?
2. Boats to beaches – is there a boat service connecting Chora or Ornos beach and the more remote beaches on the southern shore (Paradise – Super Paradise – Elia)? If so, does anyone know how frequent are these boats?
3. Is there a nice beach right there at Chora, or must we go outside the city? And on that note, does anyone know if there are a lot of jellyfish in the waters off Mykonos right now? Our beaches here in Israel are just swarming with them and they are a pain in the neck!
4. Going to Delos – An old edition of Lonely Planet said there were boats going to Delos from one of the beaches; is this still so or can the island be reached only via Chora? Post office – where?
5. Grocery store in town – just somewhere simple where we could get mineral water for less-than-extortionist prices; I read they are mostly expensive but that there is indeed one that is cheap.
6. Water sports – any recommended spots? I heard Elia has some facilities. We're no professionals so no windsurfing or anything like that for us, just plain 'fun rides' on one of those huge rubber things (couldn't give you the proper name of this sort of activity in English to save my life).
7. Hiking and bicycle hire – any recommended hiking trails outside of Chora? And does anyone know a reliable shop where bicycles could be hired? And do businesses like that require one to deposit one's passport?
That's it from me, a huge thank-you to everyone giving me any advice on these issues!