We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to party in Mykonos

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Best time to party in Mykonos

Hi there

I'm off to Greece some time in August (about to book flights and accomodation this week). I've never been to Mykonos or Greece at all for that matter. I am going with 4 single guys who just want to party hard.

I've heard mixed things about Mykonos in August, some people tell me it's full of gay people? I don't have a problem with this, but I'd just rather experience other islands instead since we're all hedrosexual. Some people tell me it starts to quieten down towards mid / end of August?

We would like to experience Mykonos in its absolute peak. Can you please advise when this is?

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to party in Mykonos

p.s. we also plan to hit Ios as well. How difficult is it to get from Mykonos to Ios? How long does it take ? And where are the best areas to stay on both islands, for accessibility to everything.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to party in Mykonos

The peak season is from mid-July until about the end of the third week of August. Although there'll be a large gay crowd in Mykonos, they'll still be easily outnumbered by straights.

Catamarans from Mykonos to Ios in peak season take about 2 hours. Flying Cat 3 is likely to be sailing 5 times a week (probably not Fridays and Sundays) at about 9.45 but its schedule for this summer has not been announced yet. The Superjet schedule is available - it sails on Sundays, Thursdays, Saturdays and most Tuesdays at 14.50. Hence there should be at least one service every day except Friday.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,044 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to party in Mykonos

Hi,

Mykonos/Ios, stay in/near Chora to be close to everythng on both islands.

Yes, there is very noticeable and obvious gay and other minority elements that takes over Mykonos throughout the summer season. A lot of people won't go there at all for that reason apart from being ridiculously crowded in August. There is of course plenty of ordinary people going as well, so there is a choice. Any when in August is peak.

There are a couple of daily catamarans from Mykonos to Ios, and both islands have several daily ferries to Piraeus, Mykonos to Rafina as well.

In close proximty and between those two, also with daily ferries are Paros and Naxos. Then again same thing applies the liveliest place is the main resort. Parikia the port on Paros and Naxos town/port.

4. Re: Best time to party in Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town
Recent Conversations