We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poseidon Hotel vs Andronikos Hotel?

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
17 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Poseidon Hotel vs Andronikos Hotel?

I have a refundable reservation for a suite at the Poseidon Hotel but the Andronikos Hotel sounds fabulous and wondering if it's worth the extra money. My hesitation is that I'm traveling with my daughter and we need a little space after a few days. The PH will give us a suite with two separate sleeping spaces (BR and pull out in LR). The Andronikos has only a Superior Room with a bed and a pullout in one room but it looks like there may be some separation in the room. I'm sure this detail sounds small but it could be the difference between a great or awful trip for us. Also heard that the 'unrenovated' rooms at the Andronikos weren't very nice.

If anyone has stayed at either or both I'd appreciate any feedback...Thanks

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poseidon Hotel vs Andronikos Hotel?

Hi,

I stayed at the Poseidon Hotel last year and I'm returning this year. It's a wonderful hotel with a very nice pool area. The superior rooms are designed in 'classical Greek style' so no fancy design there but the rooms have a very nice sea view from your private balcony and are in good condition.

Another advantage with the Poseidon is that it's very close to Mykonos Town. You just have to turn the corner and then you're in the town. As far as I can see the Andronikos Hotel i way further away from Mykonos Town (but still within walking distance). Poseidon is also very close to the bus station (Fabrika) in case you want to take a bus to some of the beaches.

Best regards

Anders

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Poseidon Hotel vs Andronikos Hotel?

Stay at. Andronikos you wont regret it .10 minutes walking to town ,lovely walk .

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poseidon Hotel vs Andronikos Hotel?

I saw some rooms at the Andronikos the week before last and was very impressed. One was a very roomy suite, which looked like a model suite you might see in the sales presentation centre for a luxury condo tower development. The other was a hip "cocoon" room with a really cool contemporary design, though not a room that would be convenient for your purposes.

I was very impressed with the look and feel of the whole Andronikos property (very nice pool & poolside bar area) as well as with the staff.

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Poseidon Hotel vs Andronikos Hotel?

Cocoon room for me and wife donnyb .19 june . Staff amazing and friendly .stayed at the Vencia 2years back,although nice ,not a patch on andronikos

5. Re: Poseidon Hotel vs Andronikos Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 06:18