We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for 40 something ladies looking for sun and music!

UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for 40 something ladies looking for sun and music!

Hi, I'm looking at destinations for a group of 4 straight girls (mid 40s!) to spend a long weekend enjoying great cocktails, fantastic sea views, a marvellous spa and great food. To top it all, we'd love to be able to go out at night and enjoy music that we love to dance to, without getting seriously hassled. Mykonos has come up on the radar and it looks absolutely beautiful. We are thinking of travelling in early to mid June, and staying at one of the beach hotels (probably the Grand hotel if we can find out how much it will cost). My main question is whether anyone can recommend bars/clubs in Mykonos town where you can find a slightly 'older' set, and where the music reflects the age of the clients?? We just love to dance but wouldn't want to cramp the style of the 20-30s who may be enjoying the sort of sounds that we just don't understand! 80s music or similar pop-type stuff, rather than house and current DJs, is definitely our bag! Sorry if this is a repeated question but I've trawled the info sheets and can't seem to find anything that really answers my dilemma. Any recommendations for places to eat would also be warmly received. Thanks very much.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
545 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for 40 something ladies looking for sun and music!

The bar/restaurant used in the film 'Shirley Valentine' on Agios Ioannis Beach (Euro 1.60 each way on the bus from Mykonos Town) is lovely, now called 'Hippy Fish' it has wonderful views, expensive food and drinks along with a DJ at lunchtimes. We used it once, just for giggles and had a great time.

Your friends might find that a fun day out. We found the whole island lovely and Mykonos Town a really intersting and pleasant place to visit. We stayed in a cheap but good studio in Ornos, so can't help with hotel or night life recommendations.

<*))))))><

2. Re: Tips for 40 something ladies looking for sun and music!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 15:35
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
147 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips for 40 something ladies looking for sun and music!

Try Jackie O's. ON the harbour front. It is a gay / mix bar, but the nights we were there it was 50/50. By 2400, everyone was dancing on any flat space possible. The music was brilliant. I am a child of 80s and the DJ kept on playing gems. Kept on saying "I haven't heard this song for years" the whole night long. Can i also suggest something a bit quirky. Also a gay / mix bar. The Piano Bar. Stumbled in there one night at about 1030. Guy behind the piano and an American woman asking for musical, stage show, piano bar song requests. We just sat down with about 30-40 others and had a drink. Thought, this is going to be a bit old fashioned, but it was brilliant. Really good atmosphere. Foodwise, restaurants along Little Venice....a rip off, but it is probably worht it once for the atmosphere. We just loved the grill fish at the harbor front at I think it was called Mamadou, or Madadou. 16 Euro, only the fish. Wine was cheap and good also. Have fun.

UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips for 40 something ladies looking for sun and music!

Thank you so much for these brilliant tips, Lincolnshirechap and Whatacircus! This is just what I was looking for! Many thanks.

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips for 40 something ladies looking for sun and music!

Hey! Mykonos is the right place to go. Its not only a crazy party destination, like everybody thinks.. You can combine fun and relaxation at the same time.. it all depends on the place you go! For a night out i would also recommend Caprice ( Little Venice) with nice music and Scarpa for amazing cocktails. I also heard that there is a new entry: A Pool Champagne Sea Food Restaurant in Panormos beach, which seems a great choice for you girls! I would suggest you try tavernas on the beach and visit the beaches on the island ( there are more than 38!). Enjoy!

6. Re: Tips for 40 something ladies looking for sun and music!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town
Recent Conversations