We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in town?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in town?

We are 2 girls (early 20's) going to mykonos in July for a week. Everyone suggests we rather stay in town and catch a bus to the beaches. Can anyone recommend reasonably priced accommodation in town, close to the bus stops, restaurants, bars etc??

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,701 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in town?

<<reasonably priced accommodation>>

This request is too vague, considering that Mykonos is an expensive island.

If you indicate your nightly accommodation budget, in Euros, we might be able to make specific suggestions.

Otherwise, plug your travel dates into the search engine on sites like booking.com to see what's available in a price range you're comfortable paying.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in town?

Hey, we are also two girls going to mykonos in mid july and we are deciding between zannis hotel and matogianni hotel , and they are both good and afordable and close to all the action. Maybe you should consider them.budget approx 1500$ double room.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in town?

Thanks for the info. Both are sold out for our dates!!

Might be cheaper to venture out, possibly to Plati Yialo and catch a bus into town every night....

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,701 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in town?

Don't count on it being cheaper there ... Mykonos Town has a huge range of places to stay whereas the beach has a more limited selection.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in town?

How about aelos hotel? If i were you i would check the booking.com website you will find a range of hotels in town and you ll check the price lists too.staying in the town is much better i guess.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,701 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in town?

Platis Gialos is great but if you expect to be partaking in the nightlife a lot, Mykonos Town is more convenient -- you wouldn't have to rely on buses or taxis if you stay at a hotel in that area.

Aelos is a nice property but is quite a hike up the hill from the commercial center of Mykonos Town where the bars & clubs are located.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in town?

I agree with donnyb - it's much better to stay in town if you plan on partying at night.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay in town?

is 100 euros per room per night a good price for town?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,701 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay in town?

For July, I would expect a lot of places to charge more than €100 -- many I've looked at were much higher. You might be able to get something a few Euros cheaper at Nazos Hotel in the Fine Arts District overlooking the main part of Mykonos Town. (It's in the same area as Zannis.)

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay in town?

Thanks so much! One last question- is the Fine Arts district up a steep hill? Is it a pain to get to the hotels after a night of partying? :) Is the Zannis Hotel steeply situated?

Get answers to your questions about Mykonos Town
Recent Conversations